Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Jamie's POV:

We spent the rest of the morning walking through the gardens and talking about books. Books we both read,books we liked, books we suggested. I felt more comfortable talking to him right now then I did before. Suddenly, I felt an immense pain in my lower stomache. Something had just occured to me, I hadn't eaten in awhile. Ican't believe this is just dawning on me. I guess its best I starve. Its better then bleeding out right? Wait a minute, living here my whole life means no more books, no more education, no more seeing Eli. Hunter must have heard my stomache. "O my gosh! Jamie I'm so sorry you haven't eaten!" I was about to say something before Hunter took me by the hand and dragged me toward the house. When we got inside, he took me through a pair of doors I hadn't seen before. He took me through the doors into a large dining room. "Wait here." He gestured for me to sit before briskly leaving the room. Moments later he returned with a plate of pancakes with syrup on top, and a tall glass of orange juice. I smiled weakly. He set the plate down in front of me and left the room again. I just sat there, curious as to whether I should wait for him before I ate. He returned moments later with a napkin,fork,and small bowl of fresh looking berries. I was starving, but I waited. He sat down beside me. "Well go on, eat." I looked at him a moment, then I picked up the fork and began to eat. When I finished my meal, hunter rang a small bell that was sitting on the table. A minute or two later, two women appeared. They took everything and wiped down the table. When they left, Hunter smiled at me. "Well, I have to take care of some thing, so your welcome to explore the house except for the basement, or the south hallway of the 3rd floor. With that he stood and exited the room. Moments after, I stood and headed for the door. I started making my way upstairs when I heard a chuckle from behind me. There stood a tall man with black hair and dark blue eyes. He looked similar to Hunter. This man was very buff and his hair cut shorter where Hunter's long dark hair hung in his eyes. "Hi, I'm Derek." He held out his hand. "Hello, I'm Jamie. It's nice to meet you." I smiled slightly, then turned to continue upstairs. "Hey. Where you going beautiful?" He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into his chest. He was unbelievably strong. "Excuse me but I have to go now." I started to work my way out of his hold when I heard a familiar voice from further up the second floor. "Derek! Put her down right now!" It was Hunter. Derek smirked a bit before releasing me. "See ya around Jamie." He winked and walked downstairs. Hunter came and picked me up at vampire speed. The next thing I know, I'm in my bedroom. "Jamie! Are you alright? Did he hurt you? I'm gonna kill him!" "Hunter I'm fine! Just calm down ok. It's not a big deal!" He froze. My jaw dropped. O my gosh, he's gonna kill me! I just talked back. He's gonna be furious. I just sit there staring at him, hoping he didn't hear it. Hoping he was tuning me out.