Chapter 13

Chapter 13: cold,hungry,tired

Jamie's POV:

I continued to cry in the cold dark cell. Alone, through the bars to the next cell, a grown man tried to ask me questions about who I was. I looked at him, and he fell silent. Then I laid down and waited. He would have to come get me at one point right? Unless, he plans to leave me down here. I fear him now. He threw me in a cell for crying. Will this be the rest of my life? I lay there and shut my eyes, trying to relax myself as time passed by.

Hunter's POV:

"Dad! Your here!" I smiled and hugged him." Yes. How are ya son? How's the new house? Did you get your new blood slave yet?" "Yes father. Thank you for suggesting the one man, he sold me a weak one. She's not much to handle and she sleeps a lot. She may go fast, but she's still an easy meal." "That's my boy, making the best of his things." Father smiled at me and just stared at me with this weird look on his face. It took me a minute, but I figured out that look. I've memorized from my childhood. "Dad, you can't." "Hunter it's only a few days and I promise he'll be good." Yep, just as I suspected. Dad wants me to look after my brother Derek. Derek is my older brother but he is very childish and careless. He has killed many people and done many horrible things. I always forgive him because father says its part of being a family. But, why should I look after him. It's his fault when he does stupid things. "No dad, no! Not this time, I have my own house now and my own rules. I'm not going to deal with him anymore." "Hunter, you know he is your brother. I know you have your differences but you must get along. Now you will watch over him! And that's an order!" I looked him straight in the eyes knowing he wasn't letting me out of this one. "Bring him in." I sighed, might as well give in now, I'm going to lose this battle whether its now or later. Derek walked in with that same obnoxious smirk from when we were kids. I have to admit, Derek was a good looking guy. He looked 18 and had blonde hair. He had hazel eyes and a tattoo on the back of his neck. It's a small one that says, 'live young'. I guess it's like his code. He may be older than me, but he's always been the immature one. We were both born vampires. Derek looked just like our mother, from the pictures I've seen of her, she was a very beautiful women. That's what dad says too. "Hey bro!" Derek walked in and hugged me. Yep, the next few days would be interesting, and frustrating. "Ok boys, we have to get going but have fun!" My father and Athena practically ran out the door. "Alright, let me show you to your room." I gestured for Derek to follow me. "Second floor room 118. My bedroom is on the third floor if you need me. Although I'm usually in the gardens. You might like it there too. There's a big maze and a water fountain. You can go anywhere but the third floor south hallway. I don't suggest the basement, but it you'd probably like that place." I walked off and left him to unpack.

Derek's POV:

Wow, what a warm welcome. Somebody's happy to see his big brother. Whatever, Hunter has been jealous of me since we were kids. He just wishes he could be this cool in every time period. He's just so uptight. Always has his nose stuck in a book, and when it's not, he's all wound up and ready to snap. I started to unpack my things in the small room. The walls were baby blue and the floor was tile with a small area rug in front of the bed. There was a small desk in the room with a tall reading lamp. Maybe later I'll find something to do.