iii. forget about the weekend.

chapt three,          forget about the weekend

about the weekend.

               The bumbling noise of earth rattles her ears from his push, a rushed I'll be back! from Scott clutching the sides of his temple. The words took a few seconds to register. Boots stood on Earth's concrete, breathing in the sweet smell of watermelon punch, salt on the tip of her fingers and eyes on the half naked bodies splashing in the crystal blue pool under the moon light. In Lydia's back garden and not a false memory.

"Scott ——— !" Allison exclaimed, halting at her side, fingers on her temple taking a breath and drops it spinning to her, a thumb gestured back at him. "What happened? Where is he going?"

"He just got a splitting headache, or something," Melanthios replied, bulging rings clicking as her fingers waved to dismiss her. Seriously. What was that dream? Did he somehow see it? Is it the effect of the full moon? Did he pass something onto her? Stalking down the brick steps with Allison, Scott sloppily drove out and away. Typical. On the night of her bewitching return. Allison's shoulders slouched.

     "Allison." Melanthios' head curved to an older, dark haired man. The leather jacket and dark clothing radiates bad boy, despite the charming smile. "I'm a friend of Scott's. My name's Derek."

     Her lips stayed shut. She knows him. His voice is recognisable. Why did Scott ask an older friend to bring Allison home and not her? Did he plan on abandoning her? Never mind that. Behind, the party still raved. She, however, lost interest in showing herself off. The daydream sucked out her emotions rendering her bike to whisk her under the moonlight and stars. The best time to ride. Forget about being bitten by an animal. Forget about her bed becoming her coffin. Forget about life altogether and just savour the view.

     Everything was smacking her tonight. Smelling every putrid thing, spotting the petit cracks in the road, she can still hear the party far behind if she focuses. Fingers clenched, taking a deep breath at her harbour. The fucking forest. The moon lead the way like a stupid tunnel and she trailed like a lamb. Nothing from that night has benefitted her so what will returning give her? Let's find out. This time if she finds the bear or whatever, she won't be the one that'll need help.

Nothing looked different. Most of that night has vanished from her mind. Pieces and bites of it flashed. Her nose ring still looks cute though. Cute enough to be worth death. Kicking the branches and leaves trying to caress her boots did make her feel a smidge better. But where was she going? How is she going to find it. Melanthios huffed, halting. This was stupid. The preserve is a maze. Brimming white silhouettes made a marvellous flashlight but the stains, heels spun 'round debating whether to get out now or, thought vomited out her mind as an arrow jabbed her shoulder blade. It roared in a blazing ache stumbling her knees ahead. Mind rages as her skull open as something tries to slither out.