viii. jealousy jealousy.

chapt nine,          jealousy jealousy

               DAYDREAMING about that one boy and snagging food to her bedroom is the only thing that keeps her sane. In this wicked, wicked place that makes Melanthios sigh arms folded on her window still acting like a moon child chatting to the stars, outing feelings withering inside her. It's a dangerous thing admitting it out loud, nobody would understand. It's like cracking open a forbidden fruit on your knee, it shouldn't be done.

     So, she created another world. One where her dying fictitious relationship with Scott isn't fake. It's how she imaged to be loved, despite how much he allowed his affection for Alison to eventually ruin his life because he believed in the power of true love. In her head he's not an idiot.

"You've been spying on me all morning, what do you want?" Melanthios remarked with a comic sigh, wishing she brought a cardigan to shield the three bandages littered on on her arms but it would've damped her blank, scrunched at the left side tank top with the word GUESS in white and USA in red beneath. Her bellybutton will remain covered until she gets the confidence and reassurances that she won't die getting another piercing. Stiles is unusual, lurking in the corner witnessing the world walk past him ━━━━━ almost dead in the crowd, a blurry face when he chugs enough courage to rejoin the world again. Too familiar for her liking.

"I thought you died in your sleep, why couldn't you answer one call?" Stiles exclaimed, eyes squinted as his hands pointed at her.

Melanthios wanted to grip her braids and shriek at him, enough about death! It's becoming far too common.

Instead she said, "I like the sound of my ringtone."

Her tongue smothered under the weight of the roof of her mouth, needing to blurt out more. That it read caller unknown and like a coward child, she feared the consequences of her actions found her and would track her address the second she accepted. Stiles wouldn't understand. Melanthios can't admit her stupidity out loud, she deserved what's coming for her.

"Next time I nearly watch you die and puke black blood, all I ask is you answer the phone," Stiles commented, lips pressed. With her luck, it'll happen again on Tuesday and before dinner on Sunday. Her hands rested on her hips, feeling the mesh of her light orange maxi drape skirt. This blossoming concern for her is making her flustered. Is he crushing on her? Not that she'd blame him, she rides a motorbike! That would suck though, it's his best friends fake girlfriend! Could be testing her loyalty to him. Or did he think of her as a fragile girl that needs to be tucked in his arms? You know what? Maybe she does need that. The burning in her eyes leaves every second she blinks fast. "Have you been sleeping at all and why do you get hurt so much?"