xiv. veniomus.

chapt fourteen,          veniomus

Water drips from the ceiling light. Her teeth sink into the bitter green apple, seated a wooden step below her white, worn out sneakers was Boyd peering curiously at Isaac inhaling once more and sprints over a square table littered with junk, onto a piller to attack Derek. He's snatched by his maroon shirt down to the ground, Derek barely stretching his arm. And again. And again. And again at the bottom of the stairs.

     Melanthios laid her apple core on the stairs, and dusted her dry hands off. She no championship fighter but if she can make the back of his leg buckle then maybe it'll make him crack a smile. She flung herself over the stairs railing and dodged him to his left, rolling on the ground and kicked the back of his leg, resisting the corner of her lips curling as he stumbled grunting and she launched her arms around his neck to flip him but in a split second, he flips and hurls into the side of the stairs, her head smacking it and groans, clutching her head.

     "You bastard." She grunted, lip curled rubbing the ache in the back of her head legs pulled up. The ache lasts no more than ten seconds, her ego's in more pain. At least she landed a hit unlike the newbie. Erica flung herself at him from the top of the stairs but gets hurled in between Isaac and Melanthios.

     "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" Derek demanded impatiently. Brown eyes lingered down the white vest clinging to his skin and black jeans turning round from them, and widens at Erica latching her legs around his waist when he turned, kissing him. Five seconds of her jaw being dislocated and he flung her off him and she grunts, leaning back on her elbow as he wiped his mouth. "That's the last time you do that."

"Why? Because I'm a Beta?" Erica challenged, exhaling. Melanthios tried not to shoot her an incredulous look slugging off the ground to take Boyd's place on the stairs as he stood, Isaac's eyes clinging to brown sweatpants breaking out of his haze to pursue her on the step below.

"No, because I have someone else in mind for you." He answered. The word who nearly flung out her mouth but she swallowed it aware he wouldn't answer.

"Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal." Isaac commented, irritated and hunched over his knees.

"Come here." Derek urged, crouching down and held out his hand. Isaac gave it to him and he cracked it backwards. Isaac groans, submitting it in the direction Derek led as her eyes widen, flinching back bones refusing to let her intervene. "A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you to fight? Huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!"

She didn't want to admit he was right. Isaac isn't taking this serious but how could he when he hasn't deal with a gun pointed at his head? If Derek needs to crack a few bones for them to get it in their brains surviving the full moon isn't just howling at it anymore then so be it.