xii. omega.

chapt twelve,          omega

chapt twelve, omega.

HAUNTED houses exist for a reason. She used to imagine them as huge houses, windows black and void glaring at her, door yarning backwards moaning at you not to go inside, wood cracked and chipped from years of neglect and fatigue of holding itself upright. Haunted houses were meant to be ugly, warning you miles and miles away to shoo, get out, go away before it kills you too and mourns into a ghost.

     The house she stood before looked nothing like a haunted house. It was a friendly home. The door sheltered you from the rain and cold from being seen, welcoming you from exploring the grim world with a hug and kiss reminding you that it'll be here waiting flicking it's lights on as a smile, chanting your safe return. The black window blinds were sleeping tonight reminding them of their safety being hidden from the world so they can unwind, the brown and white bricks stood strong refusing to let a puff of wind from huffing him down. It is their protector. Green bushes stood at its side as if it were blushing. This was a friendly home. To Melanthios, it is officially a haunted house overnight inhabited by the ghosts of her family. They're haunting their own house.

     "Have you eaten? I can make dinner." Melanthios said. Could you? When the love of your life and second provider is hibernating because she was poisoned? Seems like a pattern is starting to form.

     "Not now, later I'm just trying to figure this out." Aunt Pluto replied, shoulders trying to stretch into the black laptop on the coffee table, black cat eye glasses perched on her nose. She hasn't seen her eat in days. "What?"

     Melanthios shakes the thoughts out. "Nothing." Each step her thick brown socks tread feel like an eternity into the dim lit kitchen finding Damien using large scissors to snip the crust off his grilled cheese influenced by her.

     "Can you bring me to the hospital after school?" He lowered his voice, bringing the triangle cut sandwich to his lips and pushed the plate to her. Aunt Pluto refused to let them visit her, it didn't make sense. She's their mother, why is she the only one allowed to be with her? Nobody could've stopped Melanthios from visiting Devi. Nobody.

"Sure." She agreed, biting the grilled cheese then blew on the scolding hot piece in her mouth. Tonight she had other plans, Derek mentioned reinforcements and it stuck in her mind. Replying over and over again like somebody was pushing her shoulder edging her on to do it infusing her with anger before she can rest. They shouldn't feel safe being out there tonight. Not when she'll be outside. It's a full moon tonight. "I'm going for a ride, see you later."

A ride to where it all begin. Where everything and one is attracted too like a moth to a flame, a cliche but descriptive phrase. The woods have remembered her since her first birth, dark thick branches elongate as armor for the delicate girl moulding into a grotesque thing. It's fitting for her actions. Sometimes Frankenstein has to fall into her stereotype and we all know how that ended.