Sapphic Pride

Sapphic, also known as woman loving woman (WLW), girls loving girls (GLG), LBPQ (Lesbain, Bisexual, Pansexual, Queer ), difemina, or sapphist, refers to a woman, woman-aligned and/or non-binary individual, who is attracted to women, exclusively or not. They may or may not be attracted to other genders as well. This attraction does not need to be exclusive, as the label is used as a way to unify all women or women-aligned individual who love other women such as Lesbians, Bisexual women, Pansexual women, Omnisexual women, queer women, and other m-spec women, promoting solidarity among women of all identities who are attracted to other women.

The term can be used as a modifier combined with other identities to show that one emphasizes or prioritizes their attraction to and relationships with other women. It may also be used as an identity on it's own, and may be found particularly useful for individuals who know they are attracted to women but may be uncertain if they are attracted to other genders. It can also be used to describe a relationship between two women.

It can be used as the non-exclusive counterpart to lesbian. Lesbian and sapphic are the woman-loving-woman counterpart to faunic and daunic, which are non-men-loving-non-men.

All of the male counterparts to lesbian, sapphic, faunic, and daunic are vincian,achillean,turian, and floric, respectively.

The non-binary counterparts are diamoric and enbian. The mascic counterpart is romeric.

Lemon-Chan

Word Count: 230