Chapter 15

"Mama welcome back, how was work" irfan greeted his mother and collected her bag.
    "Alhamdulillah, it was hectic, we had to stay for extra lesson today" Niima said to her son while stretching her legs "where's my baby"Niima asked because she knows that girls can't stay quiet for one second.
       " she's sleeping" irfan replies.He went to the kitchen to bring her food, irfan is not your typical teenage boy, whenever his not in school he'd rather stay at home and take care of his sister or gist with his mother, the time he goes out of the house is either to visit his father's company, school or to mosque. He shares everything with his mother, his the type of boy that you'll call mama's boy.

          "Mama"Aisha her daughter of 4years old came down scratching her eyes "you came back late" Aisha said with puppy eyes
    Niima put baby Aisha on her lamps " you miss mama ko"  Aisha nodded
      " keh come down from my mother's lamps" irfan playfully glared his sister
   Aisha snuggles to her mother's bosoms and pouted.
        " have she eaten"
         "Yes, I wanted to feed her but she said she's not a baby and that she can feed herself" irfan said while looking at his sister.
       "So my baby have grown"Niima look down at her daughter
       "Yes"Aisha replies proudly, she got down from her mother's laps and went to play with her doll.
        "Mama.... ho...how is.... uhhh bintu"irfan asked nervously, he doesn't know why his suddenly nervous in from of his mom, he couldn't even look at her when he asked.
  Niima stares at her son, she watched the boy closely then smiled after what felt like hours "let me call her mother so that you can ask bintu yourself"

      Irfan just stared at his mother like she has grown two heads, he watched as she typed something on her phone probably bintu's mother's number. He quickly went to his mom and knelt before her.
       "Mama"
        "Yes"replies Niima while waiting for ladi to pick the call.
         "Mama what are you doing"
Niima looked down at the boy confused "what do you mean, what's it look like I'm doing" she eyed him "and why are you kneeling down"
          Irfan was sweating profusely, why did he have to ask her for bintu's well-being, his mother might start insinuating things but who is he joking, is his fault, why did he have to stammer.
           "Mama wha..." he was interrupted by his Mom's voice.
             "Ah ha ladi is nothing, irfan wanted to talk to his friend bintu, ever since I brought a crying bintu home with me, irfan couldn't stop asking of her"Niima glanced at her son that looks like he wants to run away.
       Irfan heard ladi's laughter before his mother handed the phone to him.
    "Irfan my boy, you're so caring"ladi beamed at the other end as if he's in front of her.
       "Good evening ma" irfan greeted shyly, Allah knows he doesn't want to be in this kind of situation but what can he do, he wanted to speak to bintu so badly
For what reason
He doesn't know...

       "How are you my boy"ladi asked
        "I'm fine Alhamdulillah"irfan replies
         "Hold on let me call bintu"
          "Ok" he whispers

...................................

Bintu was memorizing Suratul Isra'i because that's where they'll be reciting generally on their graduation day in islamiyya.
     "Bintu...."ladi shouted bintu name for the up-tenth time from the living room.
     "Na'am" bintu rushed to her mother
     "What where you doing that you couldn't here me calling you"ladi eyed her daughter
      "Sorry mummy I was...."
       "Take irfan wants to speak to you"she gave the phone to her and ambulated to her room.
         Bintu had to take a moment to recall who the so called irfan is before she heard someone saying hello from her mother's phone, she then registered the voice before replying "hi"

        "Uhm... I wanted to... uh"irfan looked at his mother but she wasn't there, he wondered why she left "I wanted to know how you've been" really....he slapped his forehead in frustration

          "I'm fine"bintu replies, it was getting awkward because after that no one said anything, irfan was formulating what he would say next and bintu was waiting for him to say something because she doesn't know what to say to him, what... is not like his her friend.

       "That's it"bintu blurts
        "What"irfan said
         " that's all you're going to say"
         "I don't know what to say, I just wanted to know if you're fine"irfan said honestly.
       Bintu was amuse by his words, bintu thought his shy that's why he couldn't form a coherent word, she blushed at that thought...
Wait.....
What's happing...
           "Hello"irfan said nervously, he didn't like the way she was silent all of a sudden.
           "Oh I'm still here sorry, uhm thanks a lot for the concern, I'm just not use to seeing boys your age go out of what to say especially when their with girls"bintu conversed
               'How old is he again,17,18 or 19'bintu thought

         "My mom always says I'm a unique type of teenage boy"irfan replies with a smile, he likes her calm voice
           "Indeed" bintu said "I have to go, we are going to have a program for our Islamic graduation so.... I'm practicing"bintu said
              "Wow that's nice, which Surah will you all be reciting"irfan doesn't want to stop talking to her
             "Suratul isra'i"
             "Ours was Suratul Maryam"
              "So you've also graduated from Islamic school,that's really nice"
               "Yeah, I've memorized the Qur'an, I'm in SS1 now in Islamic school"irfan stops there, he doesn't want to look like a talkative for he doesn't know if bintu  dislikes talking too much.
           "Wait you're a hafiz"bintu almost yelled, she couldn't believe, the boy have memorized the Quran, bintu was wowed she admires people who memorizes the holy book it's her dream too and InshaAllah someday....
           "Barakallahu Fika" was the only thing she could say to him, she's just so speechless.
          Irfan just smiled, he was about to say something but then  he heard the adhan, it was time for Maghreb.
             "Uhm do you have a phone, Incase you need any help with your Qur'anic studies"irfan asked.
             "Unfortunately no I don't have a phone but inshaAllah when I'm going to SS1 I'm sure my uncle will bye one for me because I know my mother won't" bintu  said.
          "Oh ok, it's was nice talking to you bintu"irfan said
           "Likewise" 
They bead each other good byes and hang up the phone.

Bintu smiles and returns the phone, she heard splashes  of water in her mother's bathroom so she kept the phone on her mother's dressing mirror before going back to her room.

..................................
Isn't irfan sooooo MashaAllah
I mean who wouldn't want to memorize the Alqur'anil karreem

If you wouldn't them please don't forget to vote and comment
😘😘😘