Chapter 18

Fadila's POV
Ever since my father told me about the woman his been courting, I've been so excited, some of my friends advised me not to warm up to her, saying stuff like step-mother's are always two faced. But I know their all wrong, I just have this feeling that my new mother isn't like all those wicked stepmothers they show on TV, I trust my dad not to marry a woman that will harm me.
       My whole life, I've never known the love of a mother,  I was only 3years old when my mother passed away, my father never fails to tell me about her and some of the memories they shared, I can see the longing in his eyes when ever the stares at her picture but he always tries to cover it with his smile. Even though Hajiya loves  me a lot and my Aunts, it's just not like a mother's after all they have their own children to attend to.

     I heard the door handle twist gently, I raised my head to see my loving father, my Abba. The man who despite his grief has managed to raise me all by himself. As I looked at my father coming towards me with that constant smile on his face, I knew that for all he had been through, he deserves to be happy.
         "Ah Ah Fadila, why are you looking at me like that, or do I look handsome today neh"Shamsu beamed at his daughter

            "My Abba is always handsome In fact" she went near his ears to whisper  "you're more handsome than kaka but don't tell him I said that" they both laughed at that
               " I thought you said that kaka is the most handsome man in the whole universe" Shamsu arched a brow at his daughter
               "I'll make you an exception since you're my Abba" fadila said to her father and continued what she was doing.

   Shamsu stares at his daughter for what seems like a long time before breaking the silence "fadila, I hope islamiyya is not too stressful"
              "Well Alhamdulillah we're the graduation students Abba so at the end of the day all the stress will be worth it"
            "You're growing so fast, won't you stay little for your Abba" Shamsu pinches his daughter's cheeks and she chuckles
           "So that you'll still be calling me baby ko, no thank you" fadila said with a pout.

        "Abba"
        "Na'am"
         "Can I ask for a favour" Fadila stops whatever she was doing and turn to face her father.
          "Of course, what is it"
           "Can we please move from this house" she expected a reaction from her father but instead she received a smile from him. Fadila furrowed her brows in confusion.
               "Actually, I was thinking of the same thing but I didn't know how to approach you about the topic" Shamsu explains
               "Abba don't worry, I also want to move and I understand where you're coming from. I know you will never choose a woman that will manipulate you into doing things you're not comfortable with" she wiggle her brows at her father while Shamsu pinch his daughter's cheeks
             "Allah ya miki Albarka(  May Allah bless you)"
              "Ameen Abban Fadila"she smiles at her father.
         Shamsu stared at his daughter with so much adoration before exiting the room, he opened the door to his room and went straight to his bathroom. Shamsu went about his business and performed ablution, he was about going to the mosque when he heard his phone vibrate, he took the phone out of his pocket and saw a message from beloved. Shamsu smiled after reading the message, he put the phone back into his pocket and headed to his front door with a victory smile.

    Bang! Bang!! Bang!!!

"Maryam isn't that our gate "Yaqoub asked his wife
  "Yes" she checks her phone to see the time "it's 9am, are you expecting anyone"
     "No, not that I know of... let me go and check" Yaqoub stood up and open the door to their room, on his way he collided with his 8year old son.
           "Abba, someone is knocking the gate, should I go and chec..."
           "No"Interrupted Yaqoub "go back to your room, isn't there hadda today, what are you still doing at home and where are your siblings" yaqoub asked sternly.
              "Uhm....I....it's umma, she..." the boy stammered sheepishly
              "Go back to your room, I'll deal with you later" the boy quickly ran to his room.

.........................
"Ah ha, Prof, what are you doing here this early morning" Yaqoub looked back to Shamsu's car "what happened, where's fadila"
            "Sorry, I came unannounced, everything is fine, is just that something came up and fadila is at haneefa's place"Shamsu said a bit quickly
          "Ohh" Yaqoub looks confused as to why his friend seems so...... nervous.
            "Ya iyali(how's the family)Shamsu asked
            "They're fine Alhamdulillah, come in" Yaqoub shifted aside and open the gate more widely so that Shamsu could come in.

        "So what you're saying is that, you want me to escort you to Kano, to ladi's relatives for some formal introduction or whatever" Yaqoub raised his hand dramatically like he was describing what Shamsu just said
              Shamsu  frown at his friend and signs for the umpteenth time "Yes, that's exactly why I'm here and would you please stop repeating every word I just said, I wonder how Maryam is coping with you"
               Yaqoub ignored him and looked at his wife but she just nodded in support "Hmmm you also think this is a good idea" he turned back to Shamsu " why so soon though, I mean I know you where serious about this woman but you've only known each other for like 2,3 months"
             "4months Yaqoub, 4. Good. Months is enough for me ok, and besides Hajiya will have my head if we keep prolonging it" Shamsu laid his head back to calm his nerves
              "I think Hajiya has a point there, you're both grown up adults, you will still get married sooner or later so why not just do it now" Maryam reasons with them.
                 Both men nodded in agreement. "So when will we be going" Yaqoub asked
       "On Sunday InshaAllah"Shamsu answered.

            "Are you sure about your decision Prof, remember there's no going back after after this" Yaqoub asked his friend after he had escorted him to his car.
       Shamsu  look down at his phone and reread the message sent from ladi his beloved.
               'I've had time to think about  the marriage proposal and my answer is yes, you have my consent'

Once again Shamsu smiled a victorious smile and faced his friend "I've never been so sure about anything in my life" with that he drove out of yaqoub's house.

.....................
Soooo sorry for the late update guys, I've been abit busy this days with my friend's wedding and all but I'm back now hopefully.

It's the way he save Ladi's number for me🤧🤧🤧🤧

Beloved😻😻😻😻

Don't forget to vote and comment
😘😘😘