chapter 5

Shamsu's POV

Ever since shamsu's wife died, all he wanted to do was to find someone that he knows will take care of his daughter fadila and give her a motherly love even though no one can replace his late wife but for fadila's sake he will have to get married at one point in his life. The last thing he wants is to marry someone that'll maltreat his baby girl because she's everything to him. Shamsu's mom always pesters him to get a new wife but it's just not that easy for him at the moment but who would blame her, it's been ten years since his wife died and his still not making any progress in moving on.

Ever since his dad asked him to run his school things where a little bit complicated because shamsu already has his own school so his not sure why his father particularly wants him there even though he has other brothers that are more than capable to run the school. And he must say agreeing to his father's request was the best thing he had done in years.

Shamsu came across this beautiful woman probably in her late thirties, she was just so elegant and beautiful that he couldn't take his eyes off her throughout the meeting. After that encounter, shamsu just knew that there was something special about her that he has to find out, one way or the order.

"Ha'a abban fadila how are you"shamsu nodded his head sideways, he knew that yaqoub is the only person that has the audacity to enter his office without even a knock just to annoy him.

"Yaqoub you'll never change, I wonder how your wife is holding on"shamsu playfully glared at him.

"OK I'll just pretend you never said that, anyways how's fadila" yaqoub grew very fund of fadila because his wife loves her a lot.

"She's doing well, she's currently at mama's house, she's taking junior waec lessons"
"Yeah that's good"

Minutes passed in otter silent as shamsu is busy going through some text books . All that while Yaqoub just stared at shamsu and a mischievous smile creeped out his lips.

"So about that information you've been yearning for " yaqoub smirk
"What information"
"About that woman you told me about when you first came here, what's was her name"
"Oh miss Rayhana shu'aibu"shamsu
Internally smile as he said ladi's name but quickly masked it off before he could receive the teasing of his life from his friend,but unfortunately for shamsu, yaqoub saw him but decided to spare him for now.

"Yes her, I have some information that might help you approach her"
"Might is not assuring yaroub"
"Do you want the information or not"yaqoub said irritatingly
"Of course I do"
"Well for starters her family and close friends call her ladi and she has a thirteen year old daughter named bintu"yaqoub said starring at shamsu to see if he could get any reaction from him but he didn't get any so he continued.

"You are not even a staff of this school,so how on earth do you know all about her" shamsu asked with curiosity laced on his face.

"Mehnn you have no idea"
"Am serious yaqoub"
"Relax, I have my ways, no need to be all jealous" yaqoub winked this time around

"I'm not jealous ok, I'm just curious" shamsu said a bit disturbed on how his friend got to know all about ladi, it must be someone close to ladi that told yaqoub about her. But why would they though, is not that he knows her or the information will benefit him in some ways, for all the unknown person might know is that his not a staff of this school.

"Awwwn someone is thinking about his lady love"
"I'm not"
"Whatever makes you sleep at night Prof." yaqoub always regard shamsu as Prof or PC when ever he teases him.

"Yaqoub you are acting like a teenage boy and what's with the 'Awwwn' thing you seriously sound like fadila"

"Oh please you should be thanking me for this, at least you know some things about ladi"
"Yeah" shamsu said  with an appreciative smile

"And you know what, you both have a lot in common"
"Like what "
"Seriously shamsu I just told you that she has a twin sister and a daughter that's the same age as yours" yaqoub said in a duh tone.

"You know sometimes I use to just wonder how you made it has a professor, I mean I just stated the obvious" yaqoub slaps his hands gently at his forehead indirectly telling shamsu his so lame while shamsu giving yaqoub the deadliest glare.

"Just because she's twins and I have twin siblings and also have a daughter that is the same age as my daughter doesn't mean she's going to like me, and for all we know her daughter and twin sister might not like me, oh ya Rabbul Alamin, what if her daughter and fadila don't get along, what if....." Before he could continue yaqoub cuts him off

"Always think positively shamsu ok, you said it yourself ladi is a kind hearted person, am very sure she'll like you, I mean who can resist your charm" yaqoub tried to calm his friend but shamsu is already frustrated with his negative thoughts.

"But what of her daughter bintu, do you think she'll accept me as her father and fadila...."yaqoub cuts him up again
"OK shamsu you have to calm down, look I don't know about bintu but one thing I know Is that fadila has always wanted a mother in her life, someone that she could share her girly stuff with, so put all that negativity aside and man up shamsudeen jaji"yaqoub sometimes can be unpredictable when his serious so you wouldn't want to be in shamsu's shoes

"At least if not for yourself do it for fadila" with that he stood and walk towards the door
"Yaqoub" shamsu calls
"Thanks for always being there" shamsu smile
"Anytime brother" yaqoub smiled back and left

___________________

My mutane kenan
So you beautiful faces don't want to vote koh
Amma hmmm
Am even using sweet sweet words to bribe you guys but you won't vote bah😥😥😥😥😥

Haba Pity this your Sister Now and just touch that star down there with your index finger😁😁😁
I'm just joking you can use any of your fingers

I've been wanting to update two chapters but I really had a hard time writing this chapter and you guys are really not encouraging😥😥😥😥😥

Remember to recite suratul kahfi. It is said that who ever recites suratul kahfi on Friday, will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.
@Being_elegant
your words