Chapter 16

Bintu didn't like the way Nusaiba is giving them the silent treatment, she gets that bilkis acts childish a-times but she just doesn't like keeping malice even though Nusaiba talks to her sometimes but not like before.
They were going to the mosque after they've bought what  they wanted from the canteen but Nusaiba have already gone without waiting for them.
"I think she's still mad at me"bilkis said to bintu
"Have you apologized to her like I asked you too"bintu said
"She wouldn't listen to me, when ever I tried talking to her, she'll either leave where I am or just ignore me"bilkis said sadly.
"Don't worry she'll come around soon"bintu smiled at bilkis and they started heading to the mosque, they meet Nusaiba at the tap, the girl has already performed her ablution and was about go and pray.
"Nusaiba"
"Huh"Nusaiba turn abruptly almost knocking down bintu.
"Careful" bintu held Nusaiba's hand to balance herself.
"Sorry"bintu nodded at Nusaiba.
"Nusaiba I know what bilkis did was uncalled for, you know how dramatic the girl is"bintu said and pitched bilkis's cheeks, bilkis smiles at Nusaiba apologetically but Nusaiba gave her the is-that-all-look and said nothing.
"Okeyyyyy I'm sorry, I acted childish, please forgive me kawas(my friend)"bilkis said but Nusaiba just watched her skeptically to see if her apology was genuine or she was forced by bintu.
"Haba sorry now, I really regretted what I did, Allah it won't repeat itself again"bilkis pleaded
"I've heard, come on, you guys let's go and pray"Nusaiba held both her friends and they entered into the mosque.
Bintu smiled saying Alhamdulillah silently for having her friends back.

Bintu showed their bus driver the exit letter her mom gave her which has the principal's signature.
She doesn't know how their principal accepted her mother's exit request and she didn't ask even though she was curious. All that mattered to her is her islamiyya practice.
The driver scanned the paper and eyed her wearily, he gestured for her to enter into the bus without saying anything.

..............................
"Haba Hajiya listen to me please"
"What do you mean I should listen to you, I knew you just wanted to shut me up that's why you lied, saying you've found someone you want to marry. What do you take me for, a fool" Hajiya luba glared at her son

"No Hajiya I didn't lie to you, truly I've found someone...."Shamsu is really trying hard to get his mother to understand him but of course the woman is hell bent on seeing him tie the Knot
"Ha'a then what are you waiting for, send your people to her waliy(guardians) so that you can get married mana" frustration clearly written on Hajiya Luba's face, she shut her eyes to calm herself down, she sees no reason why Shamsu is beating around the bush, the man is 42 for Allah's sake.

"Abba" Fadila ran excitedly to her father oblivious to the tension around them.
"How was islamiyya today"Shamsu asked his daughter and smiled at a heavily pregnant Hanifa in acknowledgment, she smiled back and shut the door that her excited niece left open.
"It was fine"Fadila replied her father.
"Keh can't you great" Hajiya Luba playfully eyed her granddaughter.
Fadila turns to her grandma and carefully hops on the old woman's lamps before giving her a side hug.
"Hey you little girl, come down from my mother's lamps"hanif's voiced boomed out of nowhere whereas Fadila did the exact opposite, she sat comfortably on Hajiya's lamps and sticks out her tongue at her uncle.
Hanif squatted to great his mother before exchanging pleasantries with his elder brother ignoring his twin sister, hanifa on the other hand just shrugged, stood up from where she sat and picked her car keys.
"Hajiya I'm going" hanifa says adjusting her dress.
"Already" hanif says with a sigh
"Ah ha, I thought you where giving me attitude, I'm I the one who asked you not to come to my house" hanifa rolled her eyes at her twin brother.
Hanif was about to argue back when he got interrupted by his brother "hanif, why do you alway like arguing with your sister, hanifa is married now she can't always be here" Shamsu reasons with hanif
"Hmm ya Shamsu, he always visits ya Halima but he always finds excuses not to visit me" hanifa complains, ever since she got married for the last two years, hanif has been giving her cold shoulder, the guy literary disappeared two days before her wedding saying that he can't witness his sister taken away from home, that they where supposed to get married the same day since they're twins.

"I told you, I'm busy and even if I come to your house, what if you're not around and I meet your husband, what am I supposed to do, chat with him"hanif scoffs while Shamsu just shook his head, he doesn't know why hanif refuse to get along with hanifa's husband, clearly hanif was being serious when he said the man took his sister away from him.

Hanifa was about to retort back when their father entered the living room with his signature smile that never leaves his lips. All the men in their family took after Alhaji jaji except for hanif, his the carbon copy of his mother including his sisters.
"My Amarya(bride) so you can't come and great your husband right" Alhaji jaji beamed at his granddaughter. Fadila got down from her grandma's lamps and squatted to great the old man.
"But kaka, Hajiya will get jealous and you refer to all my female cousins as your amarya, I'm sure if Anty hanifa gives birth to a baby girl, she'll also be your amarya" fadila said and they all laughed.
"Ahhh my smart bride, you're the favorite amarya amongst your cousins and don't worry about your Hajiya, she's too old for me" Alhaji whispers to his granddaughter but they all heard.
"I heard that"Hajiya Says playfully.
"Baba, I'll be going now, ya Shamsu, till tomorrow" hanifa waved at her family and hugged fadila before exiting the house, even with his sulking, hanif escorted her to her car, after all she's still his twin sister.
Shamsu and Fadila left after isha, not after receiving several warnings from Hajiya on the marriage issue, also promising not to let her down.

..............................
Thought some of you might want an insight on the jaji's household so.... here it is.

If you where a twin, would you be the reserved one of the trouble maker...

Vote
Comment
😘💋❤️