Chapter 29

They say the purest love one can ever have is the love of a mother. A mother's love comes unconditionally  and without it, one can become a nuisance. When we crave for our mother's attention, at that moment, we feel insecure that something might be drifting us apart from our mother, something or someone better than us. In Bintu's case, that someone is Shamsu, she feels he took her mother away from her and as if that wasn't enough, their whole relatives are all over him and nobody cares about her feelings.

Bintu couldn't stop crying as she held her belongings tightly, she was determined to go back to kano with her aunts "I... I can't b..believe mummy would leave me..." Bintu said and cried loudly while thumping her feet on the ground.

"Assalamu Alaikuma ahh ahh Bintu are you ok!!!" Latifa said bewildered at Bintu's behavior.

"You see mummy T, she wouldn't stop crying that was why I called you, she wouldn't even let me and Nabila come close to her"Mubeena said with tears in her eyes.

"It's ok Mubeena, you can go now I'll handle this" latifa wave Mubeena off"

Latifa sat beside Bintu when Mubeena left the room "my baby"
Bintu doesn't answer, she pouts and shifted a bit from latifa.

Latifa chuckles " you know you're 13 not 3 right"
No answer.

Latifa signs "what's wrong with you Bintu, why where you crying"

"Nobody cares about me" Bintu said as she fiddles with the ring on her hand.

"Yeah we all left kano and everything behind and came here just for show right " latifa

"No not that, I mean everybody is celebrating and nobody cares about how I feel" she wipes the tears from her eyelids "I didn't even know that my mum was going to get married today a..and I just want to go back to kano. My mummy has a new family now that's wh...why sh..she doesn't care about me anymore"Bintu said and started sobbing, latifa quikly hugged her.

"Don't say things like that Bintu"latifa says as she consoles Bintu.

"But it's the truth" Bintu sniffned

"No it's not, don't you ever say that ok especially not to your mother" latifa adjusted her dress " listen to me and listen carefully, no one loves you more than your mummy  not even your late father and no one can come between you and your mother, yes Ladi is married now and she'll have other priorities aside from you but you're her topmost priority , everyone else is after you. I'm telling you this because I'm also a mother and I wouldn't want my child feeling like I've neglected her"

"Your mother loves you but her life won't revolve around you now ok,I mean don't you want to see her happy hmm"

"Yes i want to see my mummy happy" Bintu said

"Then your mummy is really happy with Shamsudeen, he makes her happy, and do you know why she's so happy with him"

"No..."Bintu said in form of a question.

"Because he likes you Bintu" latifa smiles.

"He does???" Bintu said with wide eyes, she honestly thought that the principle only came into their lives to drift her and her mother apart, she never thought that he would like her too.

"Of course, silly girl do you think that your mother would marry someone that doesn't like her child" latifa facepalm herself.

"Ohhh..." Bintu spend all the while she's known their principal hating him that she didn't think anything positive about him.

   'Ugh I really need to start listening to Nusaiba' Bintu mentally sighs.

"Now" latifa wipes Bintu's face with her palms "I want you to wash your face then come downstairs and apologize to your cousins, then to your mom. After that, you can celebrate with your new family"