A Dangerous Deal

~Faith can move mountains.~ Matthew 17:20

Okay— I didn't mention this before, but the other mothers nails reminded me of one of my teachers, they were all purple and (quit literally) sharp and super freakin long! I'm not sure if it was just for Halloween or if it's something she wears all day everyday but seeing that made me uncomfortable 😣😅

___________

The door creaked as Cory pushed the door open to his parents room, going to walk in before (Y/N) held him back. He gave her a confused look as she looking into it warily. "What's wrong?"

"... Are you sure I'm allowed in here?" She asked, avoiding his eyes as she fiddled with her night shirt. Cory raises a brow and hummed, not replying as he pulled her in. "I-it's your parents room—!"

"It's fine... just come on." Cory let go of her hand and climbed into bed, now under the covers as he gave (Y/N) an expectant look.

She sighed at the face he was making and climbed in as well, laying down next to him. They were now staring at each other before (Y/N)'s fingers started to twitch, catching Cory's attention as he looked at them and gasped.

"Wah!" (Y/N) yelped in slight pain as he dragged her over to his side, blush prominent on her at his close his face was to hers. "W-whats wrong...?"

"Where did this come from?" He asked, his voice hard and tense as he held her wrist and showed (Y/N) the veins that were now a darker purple and she gasped. (Y/N) touches them with her other hand and pulled away just as quickly, scared she didn't noticed this before.

"Where, (Y/N)?" Cory asked again, his voice was shaking now as (Y/N) stumbled and stuttered. "I-I don't know! It must've been there when we escaped...!"

Cory laid still for a moment before placing his forehead against her hands, his own hands cupping around them as his body started to shake, worrying (Y/N) greatly. "Cory...?"

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." He interrupted her, he opened his eyes and tears started to fall, regret, anger and guilt in them as he held her hands tighter. "I'm so, so sorry...!"

(Y/N) sighed, her blush fading into a soft pink as she scooted closer, tugging his hands down so she could lean her forehead to his, stopping his words. "I said it was okay, Cory. Please, stop crying..."

"But if I had listened, you wouldn't be so sick and pale!" Cory's tears came back stronger as his shoulders shook with self deprecation. "If we hadn't had that stupid fight, my parents would be here—!"

"Cornelius!" Cory froze, his eyes wide and his body shock still as his name left her lips, (Y/N) glared at him before pulling him closer, his head between the crook of her neck as she held him tightly and ignored the pain in her arms. "Stop it. I'm not blaming you in any way... We'll find your parents, and I already forgiven you... I promise."

Cory gave up a shaken exhale and stuffed his face deeper into her neck, his arms winding around her back and squeezing, (Y/N) combing her fingers through his hair as his lonely and grateful cries drenched her shoulder.

Soon, sobs turned into whimpers as whimpers turned into sniffles. Then silence. He cried himself to sleep, (Y/N) snuggled into his body as his heart beat in rhythm. Her body was freezing and aching badly as another feeling came over her, wanting to open the door, forget the danger she knew was there and her body fought her mind.

Cory's arms were secure around her back, strong but safe, tight but warm. His head on her shoulder as his breathing calmed her down. With heavy eyes, (Y/N) started to release the thoughts that weren't hers and she finally fell into a temporary slumber.