Introduction: Taken from Reality

(Y/N) POV

For years, war has ravaged the lands and torn friends and family apart like rabid animals. People across the globe have yearned for the end to warfare and for an era of peace to overtake it, but as technology has made an advancement and the worlds resources run dry, countries had made strides to overtake what is running out.

That's where I enter the scene, as an unknown 18 year old looking to make his start in the new world, finding work is hard enough as it is, but thankfully due to my extensive knowledge in manufacturing and disturbing illegal firearms of many time periods, I've been able to gain a reputation in the war scene, doesn't matter who I sell what too, it could be a special tactics Black Ops unit, or the terroristic CDP, as long I make a quick buck, who cares how much bloodshed occurs, but soon, I'll realize that what I needed all along was something many can't seem to grasp.

Friendship.

October 9th, 2065 

Sitting in my office in an unknown location in China, I look down at some documents and sigh in an undignified manner.

Another day, another contract

The document detailed that codename Blackjack, or me, was needed in another battlefield, this time in the Egyptian Sharan, Combine, as they called it. Ever since those Black Market tokens have been circling the market, DNI users across the globe have been caching them in for my assistance, and I don't blame them, they want one of the strongest specialist out on the field to due their bidding, and it works, most of the time.

Packing up my personal arsenal, Consisting of A heavily modified XMC Submachine gun, Akimbo Marshal 16's, A ballistic knife from the Cold War era, and an ancient Japanese Katana, believed to once have been wielded by a Imperialistic officer going by "Misaki".

Opening the door and walking, I spot an associate on his war back to his quarters, he spots me leaving and walks up to initiate small talk

Associate Xi: What's the rush Y/N?

I look up and spot him carrying a folder with some "Dubious" Documents, I sigh and respond

Y/N: Another contractor has called upon my services, you know how the business is nowadays

Associate Xi: Yeah, I can tell, with the Winslow Accord being dismantled a couple of months ago, the race to retake global resources have sky-rocketed

Xi examines the duffle bag that I'm carrying and questions 

Associate Xi: So, where you headed to now?

Y/N: Egypt, apparently CDP and Black Ops forces are converging on the worlds last Oil reserves

Associate Xi: Tough world huh...

Y/N: Tell me about it, well, I'll be off, if anyone comes by trying to cache in some supplies, you know the drill

Associate Xi: Roger boss

With the conversation now over, Y/N grabs his bag, holsters it over his shoulder, and walks out the doors, ready to fight whatever foes he needs to.

October 11th. 2065

After riding a specialized Wraith aircraft to the designated location, it drops me off and I meet the rest of the squad.

The first Member is Donnie Walsh, Callsign Ruin, using his earth shattering Gravity spikes and cyber-enhanced legs, he is able to capture objectives and take out the opposition in a matter of seconds

The second member is Erin Baker, Callsign Battery, equipped with a War Machine, delivering high impact bouncing grenades that split into three's, dishing out massive pain, and able to protect herself from oncoming gunfire with her Ballistic Vest.

The third member is an experimental war robot, Callsign Reaper, Able to transform his right arm into a deadly Scythe, or as I like to call it a Death Machine, and mow down opponents with brutal accuracy, and trick others using his Psychosis ability.

The last member is rather an enigma in the scene, only going by Spectre, being able to rush down targets and rip them apart using a Nano-blade called Ripper, and go under the radar using Active Camo.

With the squad formally introduced, we roll out to start capturing point around the area, while I know these points are designated oil reserves, due to the DNI augmented inside our heads, we see them as flag points.

Timeskip

After a long and bloody battle, we came out on top and was able to secure the points from the opposing force, with the job done, and my contract fulfilled, I hop back onto my modified Wraith and start flying back to HQ.

Along the way something starts to happen, the controls for the Wraith start to malfunction and glitch out.

Y/N: What the!?!

The Wraith starts to spin out of control, and while trying to control the aircraft, A mysterious blue vortex begins to form underneath.

Y/N: Goddamn it, If I can't get this thing under control, I'm gonna be..!

Before I can finish my sentence, I'm whisked out of the aircraft and thrown into the vortex

Y/N: OH MY...

The velocity of the fall and collapsing into the portal is to much for me and knocks me out, with everything fading into black.

3rd Person POV

With Y/N falling endlessly into the portal, it would seem as if time and space is shifting in on itself. After what felt like hours, days even Y/N hits the ground with a thud, the impact of which waking him up from his what felt like eternal slumber.

Y/N: Ughhh.. I fell like someone just bashed my skull in with a pipe....

Y/N starts to observe his surroundings and realizes he's in some kind of lush and dense forest, something that he knows as being a rare commodity in his original reality, with some being in simulations.

Y/N: That's strange, most of the forests where I come from are either gone, or in a virtual world, so either I'm in one of those rare forests, or...

He starts to think to himself, if he's in a forest, he either was transported to someplace he isn't familiar with, or he somehow travelled back in time.

Y/N (Thinking): There's no way I could have went back in time, its not even feasible, but just so I'm not becoming delusional.

Y/N proceeds to connect his DNI systems to a nearby satellite and trace where he is and more importantly, when he is

To say he is shocked would be an understatement, not only was he 52 years in the past, but he was also not even on his own earth, since the geography matched nothing of his own world.

Y/N: Oh my god, I've travelled universes...

Y/N (Thinking): Ok Y/N, calm down, this world looks just like your own, all you got to do is get situated in a base of operations, somehow find out how to adapt to this new world, and hopefully start my business back.

With that revelation, Y/N starts to walk North, in a hopeful attempt to find a road, or a town of some kind.

30 minutes later

After walking for what seemed like an eternity, he was able to find the road, and proceeded to walk down said road until he found a sign pointing to wherever he was.

Some time later and he would find what he was looking for, a destination sign telling him where he was headed, glancing at the sign revealed a town, a town that he had never heard of in all of his life

Canterlot

(Hopefully you enjoyed the introduction to this story, Just an FYI, this book might be low quality since it is my first story and will be updated whenever I feel like, or if I can somehow come up with a schedule, Hope you all have a wonderful day!)