22

PAL POV

“Pal” he calls my name.

Naa ko diri sa iyang birthday celebration kay gi dala kos akong parents. I can't say no kay basin unsay ilang maingon.

Tapos nakita nako si Anthony, he's with her girlfriend. Well, everyone in the party complimented that they're a beautiful couple.

Maybe they're in a relationship. And I don't care.

Tsk!

“Pal, hey” he grab my arm that made me stopped walking.

He pulled me to somewhere I don't know where.

“What are you doing? They might see us, and think you're cheating.” he didn't answer.

Naabot mis ilang garden. Gipalibot nako akong panan-aw to check kung naa bay tao.

Good thing, kami lang duha ang naa diri.

Luh? No way! That's not a good thing. GIATAY!

I got nervous, “Please Anthony, I don't want my parents to think I'm being the antagonist here. Go back to your girlfriend-”

“My girl is here, Delyn is just a friend.” he cut my sentence.

What? Friend ra daw to niya? Why they act like a married couple?

“Liar! What will that woman feel right now? You just deny her. Have you lose your balls, Anthony? Woman should be treated as a gems. You shouldn't hurt her. Go back and apologize to her”

He look frustrated,
“PLEASE! God! Pal! God! Coming from you? Yes, woman should be treated as gems, but, how about us? Those man who got into a one sided love. How about us? We deserve to be loved too. Where's the equality, please?” his eyes became teary.

I stilled hearing his words. He seems so hurt. Still hurt.

“What do you mean?” is the only question I could ask.

He sniffed, “I have love someone for almost a year and half now. She left me multiple times, but I still waited for her. Yes, I pushed her away but I just want to test if she'll do it. And she did. She left. Leaving me damage.” his tears stream down his cheeks.

My mouth parted in shock. No words coming out from me. Cause maybe.. maybe I know that woman.

“I didn't see her for a year and now she's here. In front of me, looking so confuse.” he fix his self.

Nawala na ang luha sa iyang mata. Bisan sign nga ni hilak sya, walay makita.

I averted my glance to avoid his eyes.

“Pal..” he cupped my cheeks.

“I love you..” he said whispering, “still loving you.” he added

Wala ko ka kaya maong ni tan-aw na sad ko niya. We stare at each other for a seconds.

Maybe today is the right time to tell him this. Dugay nasad nako gusto nga isulti ni sa iyaha.

I just left him without telling this.

I whisper back,

“I'm.. sorry, Anthony” I apologize.

Dugay na jud nako gustong mag sorry tungod sa kadaghan nakong gi himo nga di maayo sa iyaha. I finally apologize.

“And..” I close my eyes, shy to say it..

“Open your eyes, Pal. I wanna see how beautiful they are”

So, I open my eyes for him.

“What is it you want to say?” he asked.

I pout, “I said, I'm sorry for causing you pain.. and..”

“And what?” he look so impatient to hear it.

I bite my lower lip. Ga duha duha ko kung iingon pa ba nako.

“Don't bite your lip. It looks more edible.” he chuckles.

I tiptoe to reach his ear.

Then I whisper, “I'm jealous..”