CHAPTER 22

*BLOOD WARNING!*
(THIS CHAPTER HAVING SOME SCENES CAN MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE;) )

No one can reighn their shadow to stop following them
-Laviette Shaw-
«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

The sky’s bright today, with rays all over the street of London. The citizens are active as usual.

Well… not exactly ALL of them…

“Didn’t Patterson, the head of commissioner, told you not to go alone?”

One of the inspectors was worried.

“No need to worry! I’ll be back soon enough” Whiteley rode his carriage.

Before he did, a mailman went up to him.

“ Excuse me sir, but you must read this at present” He gave Whiteley a letter for him to read.

“Please give it to him, I’ll read it later” Whiteley looked at Marcus.

“But, mayhaps, you should read it at once”

“That won’t be necessary, it’s probably one of those blackmails again” Whiteley went in his carriage.

The carriage went further and further away from his house.

“Another blackmail…” He put his hand to support his chin while looking outside—the street of London.

30 minutes later…

Langham Hotel.

With only proofs of cooperation between the upper house and the mafias who’s corrupted, Whiteley was able to come to the senates’ representative.

“First and foremost, let the law that the lower house is discussing now pass. If not, the documents filled with proofs will be published publicly. Second, do not dare to touch my loved ones. If both of my requests are fulfilled, I will keep these documents by myself” Whiteley said firmly.

The negotiation went well between Whiteley and Milverton at a hotel room.

“ Alright then, I’ll tell my client about this “
Milverton stood up from his seat, giving back the documents he had read to Whiteley.

Whiteley went out of the room with a relief, at least there’s hope and equalization.

“ I’ll do it for my family, my country, and… Laviette. The dream you told me about when we first met will slowly come true” Whiteley put a thin smile on his face and walked away from that place.

Back in the room, we all know Milverton isn’t that easy to beat.

“HAHAHAHHAHA! Me? The KING of Blackmail? THREATENED ? We’ll see about that. Such an amusement! A clean politician’s life fell appart. A saint, who fell from heaven to hell. Adam Whiteley “ Milverton grinned.

*knock knock*
Ruskin went into the room and stood in front of his sire who’s now sitting comfortably on his “throne”

“ Excuse me, Sir Milverton-“ Before he could finish his sentence, heard a loud voice.

*BANG* a shot was heard once, from the room beside.

“What the hell..” Milverton went out to search the source of the voice, followed by Ruskin.