Number One

"Did you see me up there, Y/N?" Mirio ran up to me after the Sports Festival concluded. He had a bright shiny medal on his chest and a big smile on his face. "Did you cheer for me?"

"Of course I did, sunny." I smiled wide up at him. "You did great!"

"Tamaki said he'll go home before the names were called so he's not coming home with us today." Mirio chuckled as he rubbed his nape, "Nejire also said she'll be celebrating her win with her parents so I guess it is just you and me today, star."

I nodded. It wasn't weird to be left alone with him because there are times when Nejire and I would go on shopping trips together and times when I would study with Tamaki in the library.

"Congratulations Togata!"
"You did great, Mirio!"

People congratulated him as we walked towards our lockers to get our stuff.

"You must be so proud, Y/N!"
"Your boyfriend is amazing!"

I groaned softly. Class III-A knew we weren't dating but were still teasing us.

"She is proud of me, aren't you star?" He grinned wide as he took my bag from my hand. The way he always acknowledges the gossips never really helped in my attempt to let them die down, "Let me carry that for you."

"It isn't heavy Miri, let me..."

"Exactly! So let me carry it." Mirio winked as he jogged off with my bag. I laughed and ran to catch up with him. "You're getting faster, Y/N." He commented as we slowed down. "So, do you want to sleep over? Dad's going to be home late and I want to celebrate with two of my most favorite people in the world."

I looked at him, speechless. Was I really...

"Too bad Tamaki and Nejire can't come over. I can't have four of my most favorite people..." Mirio murmured as we walked home. My heart gave a painful tug when I heard that but I made sure to not let it show on my face so he won't be worried.

"What do you want to eat, Y/N?" Mirio then looked at me as we approached our houses. We were neighbors so we walked home together. "We should eat a lot tonight."

"Let's ask my parents for permission first." I nudged him. "My dad might not say yes."

Mirio laughed. My dad? Say no to him? He was practically their favorite son! "They'll celebrate with us too, star!" He informed me.

Of course.

"So, what do you want? I can't cook but I sure can order your favorites!" He walked me to my front door, "Do you feel like having seafood tonight or pizza?" He opened the door after fishing out a copy of my house key from his pocket.

"Seafood sounds nice." I followed him inside.

"Mirio! You were great earlier!" My dad met us in the living room. He memorized our schedule already and Mirio never fails to bring me home on time.

"Thanks!" Mirio smiled proudly.

"Is he here?" My mom's voice came from the kitchen, "Mirio! Let me cook your favorite dish tonight, what do you say?"

I watched as my parents fawned over him. It was not surprising that they adore Mirio because honestly? Who can resist his charms?

Mirio talked with my parents warmly, informing them of his plans to celebrate later with us and his dad. My dad let me sleep over, as my window and Mirio's were practically facing each other - it would be foolish to hinder it. My mom offered to cook, adding up to the menu that Mirio was already planning.

When his dad came home, a feast was waiting for him. We all celebrated Mirio's achievement and were all looking forward to what he can achieve in the near future.

"You don't have to do that, Y/N. Let me clean those up." Mirio's dad found me washing the used plates in their kitchen.

"I'm nearly done." I chuckled as I took the used plates from his hands.

"Ah, stubborn as always." He chuckled as he smiled at me. "Y/N? Thank you."

"Mmm?" I glanced at Mirio's dad, "What for?"

He grinned, giving me the same smile as Mirio would. "Because you never gave up on my son. He can be persistent at times and I'm glad he has friends like you to be patient with him."

"Mirio is amazing." I wiped my hands with a kitchen towel before turning my complete attention towards the older man. "It is a great blessing that he even came to my life."

Mirio's dad nodded, a fond smile on his face. "Anyway, you should go and relax. Let the adults clean up."

***

"Mirio." I knocked on his door softly, wondering if he's already asleep. The boy is so unpredictable that he can be asleep early one day and the next, he'll be able to go on days without any. Once the party was over, I went back home to change into my pajamas before joining Mirio in his room.

Through his door, the boy's face appeared just inches from mine, "Y/N! Come in!"

"Promise me that you're not naked!" I stammered, stepping back. Most of his clothes were not in sync with his quirk so every single time he attempts to train with the class, he ends up butt naked.

It was shocking at first but then, you get used to it. Although honestly, I still haven't even with years of experience seeing him practically fall through floors.

He gave off a loud chuckle, "As if you haven't seen me naked before!"

"That's the point!" I huffed before opening the door. He was dressed in his own pajamas, at least.

I made my way into his all too familiar bed, snuggling underneath his many pillows and blankets.

Mirio simply watched me, with an amused expression on his face. "Is my star comfortable?"

"Much!" I sighed before closing my eyes. Mirio turned the lights off before I felt the bed dip beside me and could smell the scent of soap from his skin. Being the ever clingy boy, Mirio wrapped an arm around me before letting out a breath.

I stayed in his arms quietly, unsure of what to do or say at this point.

"Is it bad to say I like the feeling of being number one?" He whispered. I opened my eyes and found him looking straight at me. My heart started pacing quickly, how did we even get this close?

"That I have gotten used to the feeling and I never want it to stop."

I tried to calm my heart down. It was foolish to think of these feelings when he obviously wanted to talk of something important.

"I can't say I think it is okay." I answered him honestly, "But I want to tell you that I am proud of you because you've always tried your best in everything. I know you'll work harder in the future."

Mirio smiled, "I'm proud of you too."

"I'm not number one though." I laughed softly.

"But you are for me."