Chapter 2: The Devil Finds she Hates Coffee, but Loves Hot Dogs

Now Rame had found herself on her very first shift with this job. All she had to do was bide her time until things were right. She realized that could take a long time, but that shouldn't be too much of a concern. After all, demon lords like herself live a long time. That is, if they didn't die to her when she took over.

There was a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. Right now, it was only her that held a source of income. Meanwhile, her trusty retainer had yet to be as fortunate as her in that department. So it was up to her to make sure they stayed afloat with their current situation. Of course, maybe she should be the only one taking care of work. That way, Mifuru could handle things going on at home. That girl was more than capable of planning things like budget than anyone else she knew.

So for now, Rame was going to do her best. Which at the moment was listening to her boss explain the rest of the stuff she was going to have to do. Everything he said to her was a new experience.

For starters, there was the thing that she was going to spend most of her time near. That being the register. It was a grand concept for a machine that could handle monetary transactions just by pressing buttons. How did it make those calculations? Was it powered my the knowledge of a wizard's magical spell?

Not to mention that paper money was the main attraction. They were so much lighter than the coins she was used to. Also one could carry them in those small things called wallets. Or what a lot of women seemed to use that looked like bags, but were more complex than that. Those things seem to carry plenty of other things than simple cash. She figured she needed to get herself one, but the ones she really wanted were priced so high. It was either choosing that, or getting a dozen proper meals and paying rent. So both her and Mifuru agreed which one was more important.

"Don't think that all we do is just stand here." Juuto opened up the register entrance for her to exit. "We also gotta make sure everything's stocked for the day team." He pointed along the aisles of snacks, drinks, and magazines, while they walked to the storage room. Of course, they didn't have to worry about deliveries, since that was for the people that worked during the day.

"I get what you mean boss." She responded with excited vigor. "I saw one of the freezers was empty, so I'll take care of it." Well, he could appreciate the can-do spirit she was emitting. What he kind of didn't was how much she chose to carry.

One thing that Rame was glad she seemed to keep when bringing herself to this world, was that she maintained her immense strength. Without much effort, she picked up all three crates filled with gallons of liquid and went to bring them out.

"Uh, maybe you don't need to push yourself that hard." Juuto informed her, mostly for the sake of his own pride. "Can't have any workplace injuries, you know what I mean?" She didn't know why he seemed so worried about this. All this weight was almost nothing for her, but she did understand that harming her body was no good. After all, without the magic to drain the life force of others to heal her body, it was going to be quite the task to regenerate.

So she took his advice, after all, he's the boss. She placed down two of the cases and got to working. He continued to supervise her, to which he was impressed how capable the girl already was at this. Sure, it's not the most complicated work to handle. It's just that she wasn't taking it easy in any sense. So maybe this wasn't going to be that hard on him with his job as manager. Getting someone so studious was certainly a positive for anyone that could find themselves in his position.

Once she was finished with her job, she decided that now was a good opportunity to ask for a break. "Say, could we get some coffee?" Rame didn't forget about that energy comment he made earlier. So she needed a chance to try out her plan.