Chapter 14: Everyone Enjoyed the Festival

Tonight was going to be the moment of truth. The night of the festival to celebrate the scary things in life was about to go down. For our supposed heroes, that was a lot more real than anyone would like to have to deal with. Though as of this moment, things were far from serious.

"Ugh, he's late." Rame snidely commented as she sat in her hot dog costume at home. Juuto said that he'd meet her at her place first, then they could go together. While she said he was late, the truth was actually closer to that she was early. In fact, there were still about five minutes before it was the time he said he'd arrive.

Meanwhile, the person she was waiting on was making his way to her place. As he walked, people gave him strange looks due to the obvious reason.

That being he was a giant cup of soda.

Well, technically speaking, there could be plenty of different things put in here. So saying soda would only be an assumption, but that didn't really mean all that much to him at the moment. It was all semantics for the reality he was currently living in.

Why did he agree to wear this with her? It was stuffy and hot despite the weather being on the cooler side. Not to mention that it was a bit bulky, making it hard to move around. Finally... Well, it just looked so ridiculous and he wanted to just get away from all the eyes on him right now. It was at this point in his life, that he regretted having her talk him into this matching costume stuff.

Fortunately for him, he was able to get to her home without too much issue. Unfortunately for him, he was going to be stuck in this costume for the rest of the night it seemed. But it wasn't going to be that bad when she was going to be with him the entire time. Not to mention that there was a possibility that things might go poorly for them given their circumstances.

"Hello." He was greeted with the maid of the house as he arrived. The man wasn't certain which of them was more ridiculously dressed in this current moment. Someone wearing a cheap maid outfit in a single-room apartment made very little sense to anyone that has ever existed.

"Aren't you going to the festival?" He asked her, as he walked into the lone room of this living quarters.

"I never considered it." Mifuru responded. "Is it really for people like myself?"

"Come on, I've been telling you that you don't need to keep cleaning the place." Rame spoke up. She was right, seeing as it was nearly spotless. "You don't need to be such a stick in the mud."

"But how I can serve your mistress? My powers are useless in a world like this." She lamented the obvious fact to everyone. Back on Enatis, she was quite a force to be reckoned with. Here, she was no better than some mere servant. Well, the way she acted didn't change upon coming to this world.

"Just having some fun would be nice." It was quite a strange sight to see a girl wearing a hot dog suit scolding some other girl.

"Plus, you could just wear what you've got on right now." Juuto filled in. "I mean, to most people. They'll just think you're wearing that for a costume." A sexy maid outfit was something that people would very much enjoy to see there. Admittedly, he wasn't against it either.

"Yeah, now that he's here. Time to go!" Despite the protests, Rame pushed out her of the door and towards their planned location. That girl was impatient about wanting to be there. For her, there wasn't a second to waste.

***

And so they all went together. By the time they arrived, the sun had set halfway. The glow of the street lights and lanterns illuminated the area that was set up for this. Stands were lined up, each filled with either food, sweets, or a game for someone to play.