Chapter 18: The Devil Resolves her Issues (Vol. 1 End)

"To think that I failed to protect my lady." Mifuru was groveling, bowing on the floor to Rame. Once Juuto and her had gotten to the safety of the devil's home. They phoned to their other allies who returned as quickly as they could. The moment they did, her retainer had immediately gone to ask for forgiveness. "I truly am a worthless servant."

"Get up." Rame was not really a huge fan of this. It wasn't anything new, and it happened fairly often back on Enatis too. She just found this ridiculous because she never got mad at the girl. "It's over now, he can't hurt us anymore." She told them, which was mostly true now that the wizard's magic was sealed.

"I guess he technically still can." Asaga commented. "But that little boy doesn't look like he could even take ya for a fist fight." Juuto agreed. Perhaps that kid could be crafty, but it was unlikely he'd be pulling any funny stunts in the future.

"Oh... My head." Finally, the person they were waiting on finally awoken. He groggily wiped his eyes, trying to gather vision on where he was. Slowly the figures of the group entered his sights, and the boy realized what had happened moments before blacking out. "Ah!" He yelled out in fear, putting up a hand to try and shoot out flames.

Yet nothing came of it.

"You... You monster! you took my magic!" He was upset and afraid for what was coming to him. "What are you planning on doing to me?"

"Let you go." Rame answered without a second thought, which shocked everyone there.

"I'm surprised the demon lord herself would choose to have mercy on someone who tried to kill ya." For someone in legend as this great warlord. Asaga never thought in his life that he'd see her just let someone go.

"I guess it's because you sealed his magic." Juuto was certain as to the real reason for this. "So we're not going to consider him a threat anymore?"

"Exactly." She responded. "I don't care what you decide to do from now on. But you're free to leave."

"Leave..." He repeated with disgust in his voice. "As if I could leave without my magic. It's the only way I could've entered this world to begin with. Not to mention the only way for any of us to return to Enatis."

"Well too bad, I ain't giving you back your magic." She knew that would be a pretty bad idea. He was stronger than all of them based on his usage of spells. If he got those powers back, then they'd probably all get killed.

"Darn you..." He looked down in defeat. "All I wanted to be was a hero of justice."

"Well, you kind of deserve this." Juuto scolded him. "A hero doesn't just disregard the lives of the innocent. Not a good one at least." He realized that they probably had different standards on Enatis, but that didn't matter as long as they were here on Earth.

"Either way, I'm not leaving my eyes off of you." Merlin proclaimed. "I mean, not much else to do since I already live under you. But you can bet I'll still be around."

"Oh bother." Rame was starting to regret her decision to keep him alive. Not that she could kill him anyway, since that would look back. And since she used all her magic to seal his, the girl was practically fully human in her current state. "Whatever, just stop being annoying."

"I swear, you'll never forget the great wizard Merlin!" He got up and marched to the door. Before he left, he realized to make mention of one other thing. "By the way, here I'm known as Akitomo Zama. So only refer to me by that name when we're out in public." That was when he made his leave, slamming the door.

"I guess that's all taken care if..."

***

And indeed, once their problem with the former wizard was over. Everyone was able to return back to their normal, benign lives.