Chapter 7: The Devil and the Manager go Shopping

This was the first time in her entire life, that the demon lord had ever gone on an 'outing'. Not for a long journey, not an expedition for battle, nor was it even like a necessary trip like getting food ever since they got here. No, this was the first time she had ever done something that was for... Fun.

She wore the only type of clothes she could afford when they first moved in. Bought from the low cost store known as 'UniClo", it was a simple blouse and skirt. The skirt part of this outfit worried her a little as she went out into the colder weather. But she never did enjoy wearing pants back on Enatis, the only time she ever wore pants was for her work uniform during the shift. So these pantyhose were going to have to be her source of warmth.

Her illustrious servant on the other hand just had to get that maid outfit on sale. Mifuru just thought that clearly someone of her position should be wearing something like that. So she went for the one that happened to be on clearance, which earned her a lot of strange looks as she purchased it. It was from a failed promotion with some internet personality. So when they said they had never heard of them, people just had to wonder why anyone would want to buy something like that.

Anyway, she was walking to the agreed upon location where Juuto said he'd be. There were so many people wandering about as she went for him. It was the opposite that she was used to, compared to how few patrons would visit the store while they worked.

Meanwhile, the man himself was sitting at the spot he told her to meet him. Checking his phone, he was a little nervous about waiting here. For the first time in a while, he actually paid attention to what he was wearing. It felt weird that he was trying, but Juuto had no idea of what to expect from this girl.

She was such an enigma to him ever since the day when she started working. When he first met her, the man assumed she'd be some slacker who cared more about the nightlife, instead of caring of doing a proper job. He sure was glad that he was wrong in that assessment. Rame was probably the best worker his eyes had ever graced upon.

Whenever he needed something done, she'd do it without him asking. Whenever someone came in with a question, she was the first to answer it. He was astounded that anyone would take a job like this so seriously. He loved the place, but even he wasn't that excited to do everything. Maybe he should take a page out of her book sometimes.

Yet, despite her efforts. He wasn't sure why she seemed to know very little about the area. Sure, he understood that she had recently moved here from wherever. But, some of the topics they talked about seemed like things that anyone should know. It was as if she wasn't even from this planet considering how ignorant she was.

"You made it." He greeted her as she walked up to the bench he was at. For the firs time, he actually saw what how she presented herself in casual wear. Even if it was cheap, it really highlight how... Ladylike she was. "You, uh, ready for some shopping?"

Of course." She was excited to see what this was going to bring her. "But, just to let you know. I'm not exactly flowing with cash."

"Don't worry. We're just going to some novelty store. I'm sure we can find something cheap in there." And so he led her to the building that he planned their trip on. It was filled to the brim with anything one would need for holiday fun. Even if it many of them wouldn't be coming until many months down the line.

So in order to make sure that they stayed on track, Juuto took them to the aisle that stocked things fitting of the Halloween mood. Rame was impressed by the presentation of how humans designed their demons. It wasn't at all how it was supposed to be like. She would know, as a demon herself. But it was really cool for her to see their creativity shine through in the masks.