Chapter 6 - Night Terror

After they got home from the mall Pacifica parked the Range Rover and carried in some of the groceries they had bought on the way home. Dipper carried the heavy bags letting Mabel get the doors. After washing her hands and the produce Pacifica began to set up to prep for dinner. Dipper had offered to cook, but Pacifica had turned him down. She told him she had been planning to make this dish for a few nights now, and wanted to show off her culinary prowess to Mabel and Gideon. Dipper grinned knowing just how good her cooking was having spent many evenings helping her cook over the course of their dating years. She did however have him help prep the various foods.

By the time everyone was seated at the table Pacifica showcased her hard work. She had gone with an authentic Italian theme. She presented two main dishes. The first was Saltimbocca alla Romana or Prosciutto-stuffed chicken breast roulades. The chicken had been cut out flat and the Prosciutto was added. Next, it was rolled up and pinned with wooden skews. It was then moved to a pan and roasted in butter, zested with sage leaves salt, and dry white wine.

Pacifica expounded on the white wine. "Muscadet is a semi-dry white wine made from Melon de Bourgogne grapes from Loire Valley in France. Its profile is sharp, tangy, and delicious with citrus and mineral notes. The chicken roulades were cut revealing the spiral of the  Prosciutto. Pacifica had also made Pasta Fazool which was bursting with flavor. The macaroni elbow noodles swam in the rich Italian flavored broth, Italian sausage and kidney beans, and various other ingredients. Pacifica brought out the rotary hand grater and topped each steaming hot bowl of Pasta Fazool with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese as it slowly melted into the dish.

Needless to say, everyone was very full and satisfied after dinner. Everyone complimented Pacifica on her hard work. Dipper helped Pacifica clean up the kitchen while Mabel and Gideon cleaned the table and loaded the dishes into the dishwasher. With four people helping it took little time.

Mabel offered to make homemade hot chocolates for everyone, but Pacifica and Dipper were too full so Mabel made one for her and Gideon. Dipper and Pacifica sat on the couch across from Mabel and Gideon talking about all the amazing things they saw and visited in Bora Bora on their honeymoon. It didn't take long before Mabel started to fade fast. Dipper was not far behind her as it had been a long day. Everyone headed for their rooms. Dipper checked with Gideon making sure he had everything he needed in his room before checking on Mabel in hers.

Dipper had told Pacifica about Mabel's nightmares and everything Ford had told him. He also mentioned that with him and Mabel going to sleep the necklaces worked similar to with Soos, but in this case, whoever went to sleep first was the dreamer. In this case, Mabel would be the dream architect while Dipper would be the sojourner. Dipper could tell she was not sure how to comfort Mabel. Being comforting and empathetic was still somewhat new to Pacifica, and she was getting better at it every day. Sometimes she just struggled to know what to say. Mabel had gotten into her bed in the guest room and was leaning against the large headboard. Pacifica said, "Thanks for shopping with me today Mabel. It was nice to spend time as sisters together," she said with a soft smile. Dipper loved that smile. He watched from the doorway. Mabel took Pacifica's hands with a smile, "I had fun too! Thanks for taking us out today." Pacifica smiled. "I know you two go back to school after the weekend is over so we had to fit it in somewhere. Goodnight Mabel." Mabel smiled wide enough for her cheek dimples showing even though her cheeks were thinner these days. "Goodnight Pacifica!"

Pacifica walked past Dipper and stepped in close to him. She trailed a single long purple fingernail down his cheek and chin as she whispered in his ear, "Don't keep me waiting too long." Dipper grinned from ear to ear as his heart lurched with a thrill. He looked into those sapphire blue eyes as they sparkled with an enchanting luster. Her eyes shimmered as they darted rapidly from one eye to another as she looked into his. Dipper gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and watched her saunter off slightly mesmerized by her figure as she walked down the hall. Dipper liked the way her periwinkle-colored satin nightgown accentuated her hourglass figure as her hips tapered out widely. Pacifica looked over her shoulders to see him grinning stupidly as he watched her. Her mouth cracked open in a wide smile of amusement before she ascended the stairs.