Chapter 2

After pouting which didn't work. Trying to get her to eat which didn't work. Trying very trick he had learn to get her to calm down and relax didn't work. He realized there was nothing that was going to make her calm down right now unless she made it on time. Breaking almost all the speed limit laws there were he rushed the car in the parking lot, and she took of running before he had a chance to undo his seat belt. All of the sudden she halted and started running back. Racing over to his side of the car which he had slowly emerged from, she ran into his arms tightly hugged him with his strong warm chest comforting her.

Wrapping his arms around her, and placing a chaste kiss on her head. He whispered the word's he's needed to say all morning and she was now ready to hear. Slowly tilting her face so she was looking directly into his blue eyes.

"You are my girl, the best there is. I know it because I've seen the test scores so it's not just me saying that. You are going to do amazing on your first day. I am so proud of you and you have nothing at all to be scared about, okay"

"Okay" she whispers slowly back. Tears glistening in her eyes, staring back at him woth awe of the love she has for him. Believing all the words of encouragement coming from his mouth. She's always believed in him and his love for her and if he believed in her and by her side she knew she could accomplish anything.

"I guess i have to go now" She said glancing at the looming large structure behind her.

"We have to go now" he nodded. Taking her small hand in his own. They both took their first steps as a pair towards the structure they were going to end up spending more time in than home.

He walked her to the door and kissed her cheek whispering a know them dead and laughing as he walked away. She kind of hoped he'd go with her inside but she couldn't do that. Doctors needed to be strong not to have their hands held on the first day of kindergarten. As she slipped in  unnoticed by the other interns she heard the tail end of the welcome speech from the chief of surgery.

"Each of you comes here hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to your breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier speciality. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? Its up to you."

She ponders those words and the fact the competition is going to detest her all the way to the intern locker room before meeting her resident and changing into her new light blue scrubs. Before she realized it some guy who looked sweet and innocent enough was talking to her to make conversation.

"Which resident are you assigned to? I got Bailey. You got the Nazi right? So did i. Atleast we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley,uh we met at the mixer, you had a black dress with a spilt up the side, strappy sandals" he muttered

"Umm, Yeah, Me too" she replied with a wary glance at him. At the mentioned mixer, porny thoughts entered her mind of the fun and flirty games her and Derek played last night after she finally ran away from that awful event. Talking to this George didn't even register on her radar because all she could think about those few minutes she stayed was escaping to meet Derek at the bar across the street. Shaking out of her day dreams she should not be having now at work and reminding herself he's banned for the day. She deduced this George guy must be gay.  She smiled at him nicely and continued to fidget with things in her locker.

"Now you think i'm gay." He blurts out. No i'm not gay, its, ah, it's just you know, you were, I mean, you were very unforgettable

"Thanks i think" she replies while now feeling uncomfortable because can this guy not see she's very much interested and taken? Gay or not. Helping her out of her uncomfortable spot was the resident Bailey who walked in at that moment to save her day with a sigh of relief.

"George O'Malley, Isobel Stevens, Alexander Karev, Cristina Yang, and Meredith Shepherd. You're all with me.