Chapter 69

"So" Meredith smiled while rocking on her heels with a mischievous glint in her eye. Looking Derek up and down in a sizing him up way.

"So. What?" He laughed while leaning back on his desk in a way that should be illegally and made Meredith's breath catch...

"So, are you going to tell me what you're up to? Because I know Mark knows and you know, but I don't know. I need to know." She told him, standing firmly on her spot refusing to jump him and give into how amazing he looked right now in his blue scrubs leaning on his desk with that sparkly gleam in his eye."

"I'm not up to anything." He smiled in a tone that made her know without a doubt he was lying.

"You're so lying. Bad bad husband, lying is bad you know." She teased.

"I'm not lying, it's a surprise."

"A ha! So there is something you're up to."

"Have I ever been able to hide anything from you?"

"No, I'm that good at reading you." She smiled remembering the last time he had a surprise for her.

"Derek, you here? I'm home." Meredith called as she opened their front door.

"You're early" He yelled from their bedroom in an odd tone. Meredith heard him scattering in the room at a frantic pace but was too tired to go see what her husband was up to.

What is going on?" Meredith asked as she dropped her book bag on the ground near their apartment door and tiredly dropped herself on the sofa. She had the week off, week to study and get ready for finals. The second last finals she'd ever have to take, as long as she passed. This time next year she could be an intern. Working side by side with her husband. Studying and more studying in the library is what she had been doing and she couldn't wait to just vegetate and do nothing this weekend for Thanksgiving.

"Nothing, what makes you think something is going on?" He called out from the bedroom.

"Well, I ran into Sam today and your sister told me to have fun when she left. Have fun with what Derek? We'll see the family at Thanksgiving in two days? Mark keeps acting like I killed his cat, which I know he doesn't have one but he's pissy over something. I feel like I'm left out of the loop. I went to your office to see you today and you're gone home early? Why are you sick?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm not sick." He answered her back walking into the room looking all sweaty in a t-shirt and jeans. "I had some things to do so I came home early." He said as he joined her in a heap on the sofa, lifting her up so he can lie next to her.

"Yes you do," she mumbled as she rolled on top of him, settling herself into her spot on his chest and resting her head in the crook of his neck. "Too tired to figure out." She mumbled some more before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

When Meredith woke up, she instantly felt the blanket wrapped around her but the strong arms that she remembered falling asleep in that kept her safe and protected her missing.

"Derek?" She called out wondering where he had gone. When she didn't hear him answer she looked around and saw a post-it note on the coffee table in front of her. That said "Gone to the store, be back soon. Love D."

"The store?" Meredith questioned to herself. She tried adding all the pieces together in her head to figure out what he was up to. Derek being mysterious, taking time off work, Mark pissy, Sam telling her to have fun, Derek now going to the store randomly in the middle of the day.

She went into their bedroom where she had heard him ruffling around before. Glancing around the room, it looked exactly as how she had left it in the morning. Bed made, blinds open, her clothes on a pile by the hamper, Derek's socks scattered on the floor. When she glanced towards the floor she noticed a black leather strap slightly in her view.

Lying down on the ground she peaked under the bed, seeing 2 stuffed looking suitcases and Derek's black leather carry on bag. Before she could pull them out she heard the front door open and Derek calling for her. She scrambled up from the floor and ran out to the living room to act like she wasn't snooping.

"Hi." She smiled as he walked towards dropping his plastic looking bag from a drug store next to her book bag.

"Hi," he smirked back.

"So you went to the store?" she asked.

"Yes, had some things to pick up."

"Things for our trip?" She smirked back watching the shock register on Derek's face, tilting his head to the side and narrowing his eyes at her.

"Who told you? It was Mark wasn't it?" He exclaimed. While Meredith just started giggling, at his reaction.

"Nobody, you did. Just a tidbit for the future, if you want to hide bags, don't hide them under the bed and make sure pieces aren't hanging out." She laughed while wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist.

"You caught me off guard coming home early, I had to think fast." He gruffed.

"Ah honey, don't be mad. I'm still surprised. I don't know where we are going or when or why."

"We're going to the Bahamas" he whispered kissing her lightly on the lips.
"Tomorrow," he mumbled against her lips before kissing her again more deeply. "For our own alone personal Thanksgiving." He mumbled again while kissing her. "Because you deserve some rest and relaxation." He finally answered all his questions while still kissing her deeply. Lifting her up and carrying her back to the sofa to start the personal part of their vacation.

"Bahamas?" He said startling her out of her memory. While standing up straight walking towards her.

"Yeah," she shyly smiled knowing he caught her remembering their last vacation together.

"We haven't been anywhere in a long time." He acknowledged.

"I know." She whispered sadly. "You have two weeks off at the end of your intern year, anywhere you want, we'll go." He told her watching her eyes light up and before he could realize it she jumped into his arms.

"Really?" she shrieked already excited of just the idea of two of them on vacation.

"Really." He laughed leaning down to kiss her.

"I still want to know what you're up to. You're bribing me with a trip, but I'll take it." She whispered as she pulled back looking at him sternly while he just laughed at her.