Chapter 120

Meredith sat outside the trailer nursing a cup of decaf coffee watching the sun rise over the hill as she thought back to the past few days. She was exhausted, after a full nights rest wrapped in her husbands comforting arms she still woke up tired.

She and Derek had wearily moved more and more items into their house. Well Derek moved while he made her sit and watch was more like it. They had gotten furniture for their bedroom including a huge four post king size bed, along with what Meredith called the most comfortable chairs in the world. Which she placed twp of on their balcony over looking the horizon and lake. She dreamed of the mornings where she's wake up sit out there with a cup of coffee just watching the mist off the lake and the sun rise. She couldn't wait, right after the bed was set up she had jumped to make the bed insisting they sleep there in it that night. Derek though had other plans, construction was still going on, paint fumes were around and he wanted the all clear for safety reasons so she relented and now watched her house from afar, knowing her big comfy bed is in their already made and just waiting for them.

Kitchen tables, and the family 'great' room set had all been set up and what Derek called his new prized possession. A plasma TV hanging over the fireplace in the great room. That he seemed more excited over than anything else, he called Mark the moment it was hung.

This made Mark even more excited to arrive in a few days, not to mention it made him want a plasma in the family room of his own which Meredith didn't think Addi was going to allow.

"Ugh, why am I so tired?" She groggily heard behind her as her husband emerged from their trailer, fully dressed and ready to work. However looking exhausted and ready to crawl back into bed.

"Because…"she smirked. "You know that our big, soft, comfy and already made bed is just a few feet away. All empty and alone, you're not going to get any good sleep until it's in there." She giggled as she pointed to the house they could see from their trailer porch.

"You're torturing me aren't you? Because I put my foot down on not sleeping in the house until it was official ok." He moaned as he sat down next to her, taking her coffee mug out of her hands and taking a sip of the warm liquid hoping that it revived him.

"Don't blame me, you're the one who wanted to keep sleeping in the trailer bed when I said we could sleep in our very own bedroom king size bed and sneak out before the construction guys show up."

"Yes, you did you little sneaker."

"Speaking of sneaking, I came up with a plan about my mother." She told him slyly with a glint of mischievous in her eyes. Which made Derek instantly know that this plan she had come up with was not going to be a good one, more like one that will get them in trouble.

"What's the plan?" he asked warily.

"We do nothing." She told him simply which caused him to wonder what she meant.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing, I'm not calling her, you're not calling her. We say nothing, she will find out the next time in a few years she decides to call or pay a pop up visit."

"You want to hide her grandchild from her?" Derek laughed, as Meredith swatted him with her hand. "I'm serious, and you're not supposed to laugh at the tired pregnant wife who is moving into her house, whose husband has clearly lost his mind not letting her sleep in her comfy big bed and who's got friends moving to town next week and still has to go to work for hours." She pouted which made Derek instantly remember her hormones were all over the place.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He told her with a smile, stifling the laughter he still had over her idea about not telling Ellis about the baby.

"You don't mean it! And it's not hiding when she's not an active participant in our lives, it's not my fault or your fault she wouldn't know. It would be hers for not asking or calling to check."

"Not calling to check if you're pregnant?"

"Yes, we didn't see her for 3 years when she popped up here last month. Do you know how many babies we could have had here?" she asked him waving her hand around.

"She didn't ask so they'll be no telling. Deal?" she said looking at Derek for approval.

"What ever you say." He agreed knowing it was a bad plan but not going to go against his hormonal, pregnant tired wife's plan right now. He figured at some point she'd think about it rationally and call her mother, he figured that won't be until after the baby is born however.

"Good!" she said standing taking the coffee mug out of his hands he was still sipping trying to wake up. "Come on…" she pulled on his hand as he pouted at her taking the mug away from him. Wanting to finish the coffee in hopes it would make him more alert, she turned to him knowing what he was thinking as she grabbed her bag and his from the ground.

"We leave now we can make it to Starbucks so we can get you some real coffee that has caffeine in it to wake you up, you've been drinking decaf." She smiled knowingly at him while dragging him to the car with him trudging behind her.