Chapter 12: Meeting Bella...Somewhat

Carlisle and Hazel were both in their bed relaxing, something they barely got to do anymore.

"What are you doing next Friday," Carlisle asked stroking her arm lovingly.

"Nothing that I know of," Hazel replied looking up at him, "Well I have to go over some things for the wedding that morning but other than that I'm free. Why?"

"Because I'm taking my beautiful fiancé out on a date."

"Really and just where exactly are we going?"

"Dinner and then a surprise."

"Oooh fancy," Hazel giggled. Just as she was about to speak again Carlisle's cell phone rang.

"Noooo," Hazel groaned with a huff flopping back onto her pillow.

"Hello," Carlisle answered, his tone barely hiding his amusement.

"Yes, I'll be right there," He continued his tone changing to utter seriousness.

"What's wrong," she asked sitting up.

"They found a body and want me to determine the cause of death," he replied once he hung up.

"I'm coming with you."

"Hazel, if it's Jesse then I don't want you to see that," Carlisle said taking her arms into his hands. Hazel opened her mouth to say something in response but stopped closing her mouth and lowering her head.

"I know you're trying to protect me and I appreciate that but I have to be there," she finally said her voice barely above a whisper.

"Okay," He pressed his lips to her forehead pulling her into his arms, "I love you."

"I love you too."

Pulling up in Carlisle's black Mercedes Hazel and Carlisle quickly made their way inside Forks Police Station.

"Dr. Cullen," Charlie said nodding, "Hazel."

"Hey Charlie," Hazel smiled pulling the older gentleman into a hug, "It's good to see you; I just wish it was on better circumstances."

"Me too," he said returning her hug, "Dr. Cullen right this way please." Charlie gestured for the doctor to go in front of him. He paused when he realized Hazel was following them.

"Miss Green, I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait here," Charlie said apologetically trying to remain professional.

"I understand that Officer Swan but you found a body and I might have to identify it," Hazel tried to reason. Begrudgedly Charlie allowed it, "Okay but you have to wait in the viewing room." She nodded wrapping her arms around herself for comfort. The walk down to the morgue was silent; no one really knowing or having anything to say and all of them having something on their mind. Carlisle was worried about Hazel and how seeing Jesse's body would affect her psychologically, Hazel was hoping and praying that Jesse wasn't lying on that table with a sheet over his body; and Charlie was worried about solving the murders, how Bella's adjusting, and how he was going to find Jesse and Vincent. Finally after the long walk the three arrived at the door labeled morgue. The first room they stepped in had a long metal bench that was attached to the wall and tile on the walls. There was, also, a large rectangle Plexiglas window that allowed people to see into the morgue. This is where Carlisle and Charlie left Hazel, who stood in front of the window. Nervously Hazel paced liked a caged lion as a police officer helped Charlie pull the body over to the window. Carlisle snapped on two gloved before moving the sheet down to the victim's waist. Before he began his examination of the body his eyes snapped up to look at his fiancé, who had collapsed. It was hard for him not to run out and make sure she was okay but he continued assessing the body.

"Are you okay," Carlisle asked Hazel as he sat beside her at one of the tables in the Police Station.

"Yeah," she sniffled smiling,, "I'm just so relieved... and at the same time I'm not."

"I know," Carlisle murmured into her hair before pressing a kiss there.

"I feel really bad for Charlie," She continued entwining their fingers laying her head on his shoulder tiredly. The couple only had a moment's peace before Charlie returned with a box marked evidence. Unfortunately there was little help Carlisle could provide; only being able to say with certainty that it was an "animal attack."

"I'm sorry," Carlisle apologized; sympathetically putting a hand on Charlie's shoulder before leaving.

"I wish there was more we could do to help," Hazel embraced him; affectionately kissing his cheek, "If you need anything just let us know."

"Thank you." After saying goodbye Hazel hurried out of the police station; not really wanting to stay longer than necessary.

"Edward," she said startled to see him in the parking lot before locking her son in a loving embrace anyway.

~Bella's Point of View~

'It's her,' Bella thought; her face twisting into a sneer, 'The woman from the coffee shop. He said he had trouble being around me but what makes her so special.'

"We'll tell you what's going on at home," the woman said. 'Wait. Home? They live together! What the hell!'

"Isabella, you should go inside your father really needs you right now." This bitch had the nerve to smile at me. 'How does she know my name? Have we met before,' Bella's jealousy clouded mind thought. Without a word to the three she made her way into the station. She looked back to see the anonymous woman kissing her Edward's cheek! Glowering Bella finally stomped inside.

_______________________________________________________________________

Okay so first off I would like to sincerely apologize for taking so long with updates. I've been dealing with a lot recently and I haven't really found a balance. Secondly, I would like to inform you guys that I'm deleting the Facebook page because let's face it no one actually goes to my Facebook and follows it so there really isn't a point to keep it going. Thirdly, I made a tumblr... well I already had a tumblr but I'm going to customize it and think it with my wattpad. I will be posting things for BD and any future stories on there along with other things so please check it out. I will post the link for that after I finish customizing it. Lastly, I want to thank all of you guys for actually commenting and messaging me about the story. It made me realize that I can't just stop the sequel (Because I had been thinking about just discontinuing it). So I hope you guys liked this update and let me know by commenting

- Love Izzy