Chapter 6: Edward Returns/ Wedding Planning

~Hazel’s Point of View~

It had been two days since I had “talked” to Sam and three days since Edward had left. I decided that it was time to buckle down and start wedding planning; I can’t leave everything to Alice and Rosalie. Currently I was in front of the couch, my reading glasses resting delicately on the bridge of my nose, and binders all around me. The kids were at school and Carlisle was off; so it was just the two of us.

“What do you think,” I asked holding up three color cards as I craned my neck back to look at Carlisle, who was reading a worn book, “Jade Green, Crimson, or Royal Blue?”

“It’s up to you,” that had to be the worst answer he could have given me. A pout formed on my plump lips. Amusement danced in his Topaz eyes, “What?”

“You’re no help,” I whined playfully causing him to chuckle.

“Doesn’t every woman want to hear that when she’s planning her wedding,” he inquired softly brushing my blonde bangs away from my eyes.

“Well it’s not my wedding, it’s our wedding and I would really appreciate your input,” I relented softly.

“I like the red one.” I nodded setting the other color cards in a trash pile.

“How many people do you want to be there,” I questioned.

“Well there’s the Denali Coven, and a few other friends,” He thought before continuing, “Put down ten maybe fifteen people.”

“Well Jesse’s coming, I want Harry and his family there, umm Charlie and his daughter; wait never mind, vampires forgot… How many of your friends are vegetarian?”

“Not many,” he replied. I felt him stiffen slightly against my back.

“That’s fine,” I nodded, “We could find something to eat for them.” He glanced at me his unwavering. The intensity in his smoldering Topaz eyes caused my heart to speed up a couple of paces.

“I don’t want to put you in danger Hazel,” His spoke softly brushing his soft cold hand against my flushed cheek.

“I know but I’ll have family there to protect me should anything go wrong,” I replied my voice barely a decibel above a whisper.

“Hazel-,”

“I trust you,” I interrupted him bringing one of his palms to my lips and kissing it. A breathtaking smile clothed his lips once those words escaped my, now, covered mouth.

“I love you,” He said after a beat.

“I love you too.” He leaned forward, removing his hand, and kissed me. Without hesitation I kissed back with a small smile. My stomach filled with butterflies making me feel like a giddy school girl with her first crush. Together our lips moved as one causing my naked arms to be adorned with goose bumps. After a couple more bliss filled moments I pulled away remembering that I needed are.

“Something about this man makes all my thoughts halt,” I thought still in a state of euphoria that made me feel like cloud nine was just child’s play compared to this.

“Are you okay,” His voice shook me out of my musing.

“Yeah uh j-just thinking about the wedding colors,” I stuttered out turning a lovely bright pink.

“Idiot” I screamed to myself mentally.

“Did you decide what you wanted,” he questioned believing my words.

“Black and white with accents of Crimson,” I blurted out.

“Why red,” he asked again; confusion and annoyance? hidden in his words.

“The Cullen Crest is Silver and red. Plus it was the only way I could think to have a piece of you in the wedding… Ya know besides you being there of course.” He nodded before going back to his book. We continued to go over wedding details until the kids got home. The sound of car doors slamming drew my attention away from my sketching and before I could even say anything Alice had my sketches in her small pale hands.

“No,” she said sternly as the others came in looking just as confused as I was.

“No,” I enquired raising one of my eyebrows.

“You are not designing your own wedding dress, Hazel. Rosalie and I are taking you dress shopping,” She replied her expression serious.

“Why should I when I am more than capable enough to do the job,” I whined.

“We want to do this with you,” Rosalie said in a soft tone that I had never heard from her, “Please let us have this moment with you.” I knew that if it was possible her eyes would have been watering which caused me to feel guilty.

“Okay, but we stay within the limits of the United States,” I relented with a sigh.

“Yay,” Alice squealed jumping up and down excitedly, “Now that I know your colors it’ll be so much easier. Oh! This is going to be so much fun.” I let out a groan causing everyone else to laugh. I had been Alice’s “Barbie” before and it was not something I was looking forward to… but if it made her happy I would just have to suck it up and do it.

The day was now Friday and for some reason I was feeling anxious. Curled up on the couch I wrung my hands trying, desperately, to concentrate on Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil. I was hoping the blood, gore, and mindless slaying or zombies would occupy my mind. Unfortunately Carlisle was at work and the kids were of course, at school. My black rimmed Jade Green eyes darted to the Grandfather clock in the formal dining room. Two fifty-three is what it read, I think.

“I need to find something to do,” I thought, “I’m going insane.” Forgetting the movie I stood to my full height. My dress sliding back to where it naturally hung as my bare feet carried me to the kitchen. It had been a while since I ate so I grabbed a juice Fuji Apple and took a bite out of it. Looking out the window I let out a sigh after swallowing my second chunk of apple.

“Mom,” that voice… I had been waiting to hear it for a while now. Spinning around my eyes widened; my snack dropped on the floor. There Edward stood in all his glory looking as handsome as ever.

“Edward,” I choked out running to him. I wrapped my arms around him pulling his lanky form to me in a tight hug, “I missed you so much.”

“Edward you’re back,” Alice smiled probably just getting back from school. I, suddenly, pulled away my face contorting in to fury.

“Emmett,” I said seeing the burly boy come in, “punch your brother.”

“Um okay,” he said; his fist shot out firmly hitting Edward’s arm. Edward, in response, took a step back from the sheer force behind the blow.

“Ow what the he was that for,” He snapped rubbing the sore limb.

“That was for making me worry about you,” I barked back, “And don’t you dare curse at me again.” Seeing that I wasn’t playing he backed off looking down.

“I’m sorry mom. I just had to get away,” he apologized glancing at me with his head bowed like a puppy that was in trouble for pooping on the floor. He flinched as I walked forward but relaxed once I pulled him back in to a hug.

“It’s okay,” I sighed, “But do it again and I’ll find a way to break your legs.”