Chapter 2: The Many of Firsts

“If I could have your attention one more time before you make your way to the dining hall; I have one more announcement.  I know there is only one prize but I was thoroughly impressed, and surprised, by what I saw from one of the designers and I want to personally fund the start of their line immediately,” Janice smiled; my breath hitched as I gripped Jesse’s hand tightly, “And that is Hazel Green’s line The Descent.”

“Oh my god,” Jesse screamed hugging me as everyone else clapped. I hugged him back too stunned for words.

I yawned softly curling up on the couch, next to Carlisle, with a cup of coffee in my hands. It was the first day of school and way too early in the morning for me. But I wanted to see the kids off.

“You should have stayed in bed,” Carlisle murmured in my ear.

“No,” I paused yawning again, “I promised.”

“You’re a good mom,” he whispered kissing the top of my head which lay on his shoulder. I blushed looking up at him, “You’re a good dad.”

“Mom,” Rosalie’s voice startled me making me jump away from Carlisle.

“Yes,” I yelled back.

“I need your help.” With that I got up kissing Carlisle’s cheek before making my way upstairs.

“Yes darling,” I asked leaning against the doorway.

“Which shirt should I wear and with what shoes,” she asked looking at both of the  shirts in black skinny jeans and a bra.

“Hmm,” I said coming to stand beside her, “that’s a hard choice ... I like the dark red one. It goes well with your skin complexion  and hair. Wear the black or red heels. Oh! The blue ones would really make you stand out.”

“Thanks mom,” she hugged me kissing my cheek.

“You’re welcome,” I hugged her back giggling softly before leaving.

“I want all of you downstairs soon because I have something for you,” I called loudly knowing all of them could hear me.

“What’s  this surprise,” Carlisle asked when I returned to his arms.

“I can’t tell you,” I replied.

“Oh,” he rose an eyebrow at me, “Why not?”

“Because if I tell you then Edward will know and then the surprise would be ruined,” I smirked playfully.

“Doesn’t Edward already know,” he asked again.