Chapter 9: Taking the Good With the Bad

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I changed how Hazel's engagement ring looks.

__________________________________________________________________

The rest of the week went by smoothly and I was thankful for that. It was now Saturday and I was taking the boys to Port Angels to get an idea on the Tuxedo colors and styles. Unfortunately Carlisle couldn’t do it because he was working and we had to take Emmett’s Jeep; my cars were too small.

“So where are we going,” Emmett asked from the back seat.

“Men’s Warehouse.” The rest of the ride was spent in silence; a comfortable silence.

“Okay you guys go in and I’m going to go get a hot chocolate,” I said already walking away from the parked vehicle.

“Hold on, mom, I’m coming with you,” Edward and Jasper said at the same time. Edward wrapped his arms around my shoulder and Jasper was beside me. He held the door open for us.

“Can I have a umm,” I thought for a moment before changing my mind, Vente Hot Chocolate with whip and chocolate on top.”

“Ten fifty-six ma’am,” the young man behind the counter blushed. I smiled softly handing him my card.

“So what color are we looking for,” Jasper asked.

“I don’t know to be honest,” I frowned in thought, “Maybe you should go watch Emmett because I don’t want him to destroy anything.” Jasper chuckled before nodding and leaving, “Okay mom.”

“So how did it go with Isabella,” I asked nudging him.

“It… went,” he struggled a little, “I told her we shouldn’t be friends. But I also said that I didn’t want us to not be friends.”

“Well there’s some progress,” I smiled up at him, “That’s good. I’m proud of you sweetie.” He smiled down at me causing my grin to widen.

“Here you go miss,” The same teen as before said handing me my drink.

“Thank you,” I smiled taking it away from him. Edward, once again, put his arm around my shoulders as we walked out and across the street.

~Bella’s (Third Person) Point of View~

After going to La Push they still weren’t ready to go home. So they went to Starbucks in Port Angels. It wasn’t too late, only about eight thirty – nine o’clock. In the corner of the café they sat talking and joking. Isabella sat in the seat facing the entrance where she could observe everyone. She was beginning to get bored, until she saw Edward walk in with his brother, Jasper, and some woman. Squinting her eyes she realized it was the same girl from the hospital. Isabella continued to observe them. When Jasper left the interaction between Edward and the unknown female seemed to change. Her eyes narrowed at them and her jealousy and envy began to consume her. Who is she? Isabella thought frowning heavily Is she his girlfriend? No one mentioned her! Isabella frown deepened as she tried to find something wrong with her. Her long blonde hair was pulled up into a high pony tail with her bangs lying perfectly to the left side of her face. The female’s skin was pale but not as pale as hers. She wore a white dress that was sheer at the top with a color and a bowtie. Her feet were adorned with blue strappy pumps that matched the ring on her finger. She had a black clutch purse that was rested delicately on her shoulder. In a nutshell she looked perfect and Isabella hated her. Another pang of jealously and hatred swept through her when they smiled at each other and Edward his arm around her shoulders. The pair in question walked out; the blonde haired female sipping happily on her hot beverage. Isabella completely ignored her friends as she watched them walk in to the Men’s Warehouse. That’s who he must be taking to his father’s wedding Isabella thought glaring at the blonde.