prologue

Storm was talking to Moon after Moon had told her tale on how she lost her family, and met Fiery Storm had said: "I never want to have pups, or a mate it might be good for some dogs but not for me". Later Storm left Moon on High Watch to get some needed rest. While Storm tried to sleep she found that she couldn't and took a walk around the pack's camp where Storm noticed Bella and Arrow cuddling and nuzzling one another ugh! Why do dogs even need mates! Storm thought to herself. However after learning who framed Moon, killed many of Storm's friends including Whisper, who had a crush on Storm, the framer was none other than Breeze. Breeze had made the rest of the Wild Pack distrust Storm including her close friend Beetle. Tiny; the smallest of Lucky and Sweet's pups was one of the few who always had believed Storm and was influential in clearing Storm's name. Breeze had then kidnapped the pups as the pack found Tiny, Tumble, and Fluff. Lucky, Bella, Arrow, and most importantly Storm went to save Nibble. Storm and the rescue team was successful however they lost Bella; Storm's aunt figure, Lucky's sister, Arrow's mate and Mother-Dog of Nip and Scramble who Storm had helped raise. Now Storm and the Wild Pack live up in the mountains and after all Storm had been through she thought maybe having a mate and pups isn't so bad.