Chapter 1

Storm yawned as she awoke to the sounds of spring, birds chirping flowers blossoming, and the happy yaps and barks of her pack. Sky went up to Storm "good morning Storm, how are you feeling?" Storm was happy to see one of her best friends and chuckled "good! And how might you be?" Sky told Storm that the pack had already eaten but made sure to leave some prey for her. After Storm ate  she and Sky went hunting, after they caught two rabbits and even one calf they brought it back to the prey pile and went for a walk. "So Storm I have something I've been meaning to ask you?" Sky wondered "have you ever wanted to have a mate?" This question took Storm completely by surprise "uhh...yes, sort of, recently" Storm stammered. This got Sky excited "really?! Who are you after! I really want to know!!" Storm blushed bright red huh that's never happened before, should I tell my best friend.. I think she should I know  I can trust her.. "well Sky you see there aren't really many dogs that I would pick for a mate either because they're too old, or too young" Storm replied honestly. Sky wanted to know more "so who is it that you have a crush on then?" Oh Sky, persistent as always Storm thought smiling "I seem to have a very strong connection with Beetle, he's strong, and caring... oh Sky what is happening to me.. I didn't used to have these feelings but after everything that happened with Breeze and all, I think my views on life...have changed" Storm said. Sky dispite being younger than Storm completely understood how she felt. "Well why don't you tell Beetle how you feel" Sky replied. Storm's ears drooped "I would but I don't know if he feels the same way towards me" Storm said sadly. Sky; the dog who always tried to find the best out of something had an idea: "let's talk to Alpha and Beta about this".