one

˗ˏˋ MERRY CHRISTMAS ࿐ྂ

TREASURE

A much loved or highly valued person or object.

It was Christmas morning and the whole family had gone to their Christmas home in Hawaii. Skylar had to share a room with her cousin Sarah and her obnoxiously loud snoring. The alarm rang and Skylar reached out from under the covers hitting her finger on the phone until it stopped.

Suddenly, the sheets get pulled down and an annoying, blonde boy appears with a smile, "wake up, it's Christmas!" he yelled, and Skylar rolled her eyes pulling the sheets back over her head, "go away Miles! just call me when they make the coffee" she huffed out. Miles had always had a special bond with Skylar he always made fun of her and woke her up in the morning and she would always return the favour back to him.

The sheets were suddenly pulled down again, only this time it was her mother's face staring right at her.

"Get up Skylar, there is coffee in the kitchen, and everyone wants to open presents!" her mother yelled throwing clothes onto her bed, then leaving the room. Skylar pulled herself up out of bed and looked at the clothes her mother had left for her.

There was a red jumper with reindeer at the top and some black leggings to go with it. Skylar sighed and picked up the jumper placing it over her chest and looking at the mirror in front of her, "if this will make her happy" she nodded her head to herself and then got dressed running down the stairs shortly after with her hair up in a messy bun.

Everyone was downstairs and they all had a similar Christmas jumper on. Skylar walked into the kitchen to get a coffee and quickly stood still as two little kids ran past her nearly knocking the coffee out of her hands.

A figure starts to walk into the kitchen and grabs the coffee jar starting to pour it into a mug, "hey Sky, haven't seen you in a while" Skylar didn't acknowledge the boy and left to go into the living room.

She made her way to the couch and sat herself down as she watched her family and friends' kids open their presents first. Miles sat beside her holding a cup of coffee and looked over at the boy she was just in the kitchen with.

"Are you okay?" Miles asks Skylar taking a sip of her coffee, "peachy, except for the fact my ex-fiancé, Jackson is here, and mum and dad will most likely try to force us to get married just like they always do" Miles chuckles a bit and Skylar hits his arm.

"Not funny, I don't know how I am going to get through lunch" the two siblings burst out laughing and everyone looks at them making them immediately stop.

Jackson sat down on the couch next to where Miles and Skylar were sitting and leaned over to Skylar, "can we talk?" she looked next to her and nodded softly as she placed her coffee in front of her and walked out of the room with him.

Jackson was always a good listener, and they were very close friends before everything had happened and both of their parents wanted the two to marry. At the time they both had feelings for each other and were fine with getting married because they thought it would get their parents off their backs.

Although, things didn't really go to plan and one night Skylar was coming home from her run and found him with another girl together in their room. After that night he had always claimed that it was just stress and that he wouldn't do it again and her parents agreed to it but, of course, Skylar didn't.

"what's up?" Skylar asks crossing her arms in front of her chest, looking away from him, "Sky we haven't talked at all I have been calling, texting, I even emailed you" he placed his hand over her shoulder, and she brushed it off.

"Jackson it was a year ago, I know but I was warning you about this" Skylar looks a little embarrassed by her words and looks over towards him, "I should have expected it, they want me to marry, and you are top of their list of people they want me to marry," she said as she sighed and they both went silent.

"Look let's just get through Christmas and then I don't have to see you ever again" she started to walk away from him until she felt a hand on her arm pulling her back. She landed close to Jackson and moved away as fast as she could.

"Why won't you forgive me Sky?" he asked the girl as they heard laughter in the background turning to see what it was and then turning back to each other, "you cheated on me Jack, I thought you were better than that," she left his grip and walked back to the party sitting down next to her brother.

"What was that about?" he asked the girl, "what do you think?" she replies as he nodded towards her knowing what it was about. Skylar had always talked to her brother about all her problems and he always listened no matter who it was about.

≺ Author's Note ≻

Author's Note

banner made by the amazing dreaminginreverie <3

i am so excited about this fan fic and i hope you all enjoy it and like the story line i have gone with :)

remember to vote, comment and follow please <3