twelve

˗ˏˋ ALL EYES ON ME ࿐ྂ

Skylar woke up looking outside the window at the beautiful beach and ocean got up walking over and looking down at the docks.

Last night kept going through her head repeatedly I love you Drew and the words this is the only way.

She wondered if she made a big mistake or not chosen to marry him so her family could be okay again. HHer door suddenly swung open.

Her brother appeared walking in and she turned around to face him with her arms crossed at her chest and one hand rubbing her eye.

"You came back crying... I wanted to know if you are, okay?" she sighed and sat on the bed. She could never stay mad at her brother he was always the one defending her from her parents or saving her from bad things.

He sat next to her and she rested her head on his shoulders, "I went to see Drew and told him that I chose to marry Jackson" Miles breathed in with shock and looked down at her.

"I told him I still love him but... I need to do this for my family" she said as her parents overheard, and the mother ran into the room giving her a hug.

"I am so glad you said that because the Mendoza family are coming here!" she squealed letting go of Skylar and running out of the room.

"yay" Skylar said sarcastically waving her hands in fists from side to side making Miles and herself laugh.

"I wish I didn't have to do this" she laid back on the bed and he followed after her, "you can back out, you know" he huffed and she shook her head.

"Our family can't go bankrupt, this is the only way. Besides, it's not like I will share a bed with him let alone a room" she giggled and he laughed but then stopped suddenly making Skylar suspicious.

"You know his parents will want grandchildren," he said as Skylar whined getting off the bed and going to her clothes grabbing some out for the day.

"I might go for a jog, clear my head" Miles nodded leaving the room with the door closing behind him and she got changed and went into the bathroom to do her hair into a high ponytail.

She walked out of her room and placed her AirPods in pressing 'play' on the song happier than ever by Billie Eilish.

"Where are you going?" Jackson asked walking out of his room shirtless, "a jog," she said grabbing a water bottle and drinking it.

"Well I heard that you made your decision" he smirked walking past her and she rolled her eyes walking away and placing her phone in her pocket.

"oh, one I will regret till the day I die" she yelled closing the door and going down the stairs and starting her run when she got to the road.

She ran over to the footpath next to the beach and turned her music up as she ran faster as and faster going from a jog to a sprint.

All her thoughts started to come up from the surface, the fact that she has to marry a cheater, that she may have lost some really great friends and especially the fact that she had to break up with Drew.

She looked to her left and stopped running as she saw the place she first met Drew and walked over to go inside.

She looked around in the hope to find Drew but instead, she found Austin sitting by himself. She walked over nervously and waved at him and he smiled back.

Does he not hate me? she questioned herself sitting opposite him, "so I guess you heard what happened?" he nodded his head and placed his phone on the table.

"I am sorry that everything is going on, you deserve better" he said softly smiling, "thanks but I wish it didn't have to be this way I really like Drew" she whined and he sighed looking to his right where drew was exiting the bathroom.

He noticed her and stopped in his path watching her talk to Austin with sorrow, "do you maybe know where he is?" she asked as he sat down beside Austin looking at Skylar.

The two locked eyes and sat there silently watching each other, "I'll leave you two alone" Austin said breaking the moment, and left to go outside and wait in the car.

"Hey"

"Hi"

Skylar sighed and played with her fingers nervously, "Sky I-" before he could finish, she ran out of the cafe leaving him alone as Austin watched her run away.

She just wasn't ready to face him yet and tell him that she still loves him and try to find a way around all of this... but she couldn't.

She ran back to the docks and saw Jackson sitting on them looking out at the ocean and sighed sitting with him with her legs crossed.

"hey," he said nodding his head to her and she did the same, "you know we are technically engaged right now and normally relationships work when you speak to the person".

"Well good thing I am not talking because I don't want a relationship with you, I am doing this for my family" she sighed as he handed her a water bottle.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" she asked taking a sip of water, "needed some air, my parents are here" Skylar huffed and closed her eyes slowly opening them again.

"I really don't want to deal with your parents right now" Jackson scoffed and looked over to her, "you're not the only one" she rolled her eyes and looked back to see her brother walking towards them.

"Hey guys, our parents want us there right now" Skylar sighed and Jackson rolled his eyes as the two got up and they all made their way into the apartment.

They open the door to find Skylar's parents and Jackson's sitting around the coffee tables laughing and turning their heads when they hear the door open.

"Ahh Skylar, you look beautiful" Maria; Jackson's mother said. Skylar looked down at her clothes and then wiped the top of her head that head a little bit of sweat running down it.

"Well it's great you both are here," Maria said as she gestured for them to sit with them in another chair.

"Okay so i know that there had been a lot of problems in the past but, we think we can avoid those and... have the wedding here on this island as quickly as possible".

Skylar's heart stopped and she stood up with shock and a bit of anger in her system, "what!" she exclaimed widening her eyes.

"Come on the sooner the better otherwise something like last time will happen" Fernando; Jackson's father exclaimed happily.

"And has this been decided?" Miles asked Maria and Fernando. The two looked at each other and Skylar's parents and the four nodded saying yes to his question.

"And nothing we do will change that?" Jackson asked questionably to his parents who said no to him.

Skylar slowly sat back down her heart racing and she zoned out not hearing anything but her own heartbeat till suddenly she fainted and it all went pitch black.

Author's Note

so i have decided that this book will definitely be a short story because this is my first fan fic where i don't go off like a show storyline kind thing so i am still learning how to do it properly so it will only have at least twenty-five chapter if that and please no hate babes xx

remember to vote, comment and follow <3