nineteen

⇢ ˗ˏˋ LET IT ALL OUT ࿐ྂ

"Jack, hey..." Skylar said entering his room where he sat on his bed. She decided it was time to tell Jackson about the wedding being cancelled only thing was... she didn't know how to.

"Sky, whats up?" he asked the girl and she sat next to him, "so i talked to your mother and asked to not get married" she sighed and Jackson looked at her in shock, "i am just so young and i don't want to hurt you because i am in love with someone else".

Skylar still couldn't believe those words were coming out of her mouth i love someone else it never occurred to her that she hasn't felt true love from someone before only really her brother and father.

"Drew..." Jackson said nodding awkwardly and looking down at his hands, "Jackson, you are a great guy but we need to move on, we are only young" he looked up at her and struggled to hold in his tears.

"So the wedding is off?" he asked making sure he was hearing the right words. Skylar nodded and he got off the bed looking out the window, "Jack, i am so sorry. I still want to keep our friendship if possible".

He sighed and nodded not looking over at her, trying to hide his tears falling down his face. Skylar wasn't just some girl to him she was always his girl, ever since they were little. He always had a little crush on her and the day he told her was the best day of his life.

He thought that their love for each other would never die and that they would be together forever but, she had made a point. The two are only young and they have a whole life ahead of them, he just needed to move on.

Skylar walked up to him and hugged him as he turned around hugging her back, "i would like to stay friends. I know i haven't been the easiest person lately or the nicest but you are in love with Drew and you need to be with someone you love".

She smiled pulling away from the hug and sat on the bed with him next to her, "so does your mother know?" he asked worried for the answer. He knew how strict her mother was and the effect Skylar had when something bad happened.

"Yeah, i should probably go talk to her but, i don't want to at the same time" she curled her lips in and back out and sighed resting her hands on her knees.

"Go i will be here when your done" he smiled and she got up leaving the room. She looked across the lounge room to the room her dad just left and walked over knocking on the door, "mother?" she said with no response.

She opened the door and her mother sat on the bed watching the tv at the end of her bed, "i am sorry mum, i know you are disappointed and probably hate me but i don't love him okay and i am only twenty-five i don't want to rush things".

Her mother didn't even acknowledge that she was in the room and Skylar sighed sitting on the bed, "do you remember when i was a teenager and i dated Josh? you said that you liked him but i lost feelings so you told me to follow my heart? Well i am following my heart mother".

Skylar got off the bed and walked to the door opening it until her mother told her the wait. She turned around and looked at her mother, "i just- i get scared that you not going to find love and if you do they might hurt you."

The two stayed in silence for a couple of seconds, "just like they did to me" Skylar sat back down next to her mother as she started to cry looking at her daughter.

"I know i am a bad mother to you and miles but i am scared and i am not one of those people who just magically know how to parent two kids".

"You're not a bad mother you just make it hard for us sometimes" Skylar took her mothers hand in hers and smiled, "i know what you do when i yell at you or get mad at you" Skylar froze and her mother placed her other hand on top of hers.

"It hurts when i see or hear you do that because it makes me slowly realise how bad of a mother i really am."

"I love you sky and i hope that you will help me be better" she smiled nodding to her mother and the two hugged tightly, "i love you too."

≺ Author's Note ≻

Author's Note

so i am now realizing that this story may be a little cringe but you guys seem to like it so thank you again for now 1.4k !!!

remember to vote, comment and follow <3