five

˗ˏˋ PROBLEMS IN PARADISE ࿐ྂ

Skylar laid softly asleep in the quiet cool morning. The sun was shining, and birds were chirping outside of the windows. Her alarm sets off and she wakes up hitting her phone until the alarm stops.

"Skylar was that your alarm?" her mother yelled from the kitchen, "maybe..." she replied in a tired voice rubbing her eyes, "get up we have a guest that is joining our trip" Skylar's eyes widened.

It can't be she thought to herself as she started to get out of bed and get dressed nicely, hoping it was Drew. Even though she thought it would be crazy, given that he doesn't know where she was staying but, he may have had his ways, being a Netflix star and all.

She brushed her teeth and looked in the mirror with a smile as she opens the bedroom door in shock. She looks at the figure not even taking a breath and closes the door again leaving her in her room.

JACKSON! she couldn't believe it, what was he doing here? This was a trip she took to try and escape everything while she figures it all out not have it all come and destroy it.

"Skylar, you have to come out" her mother yelled but all she could do was sit at the door contemplating what to do now. Everything was supposed to go to plan, she would come on this holiday and figure out what she wants to do in life.

She stood up tall and opened the door slowly stepping out of it and facing Jackson, "what are you doing here?" she asked the boy as he placed his bags on the floor, "your parents invited me" she turns to look at her brother and he shrugs to her in reply.

"Can we talk in private?" she asked Jackson as he nodded in response following her outside onto the balcony. Skylar sighed and leaned on the post in front of her as Jackson stood next to her.

"Jackson, why are you really here?" he chuckles a bit looking out to the horizon before answering, "as I said your parents asked me to. Why wouldn't I take them up on the offer? This place is beautiful" he gestures to the land around them and she sighed standing straight towards him.

"I came on this trip to figure everything out and you being here isn't helping that" he held his hands on his hips and moved closer to her, "what were you figuring out?" she took a step away from him.

"Well, the fact that we had a moment in the pool back in Hawaii and how I need to find what I want to do with my life, or my mother will never stop pestering me" Jackson looked at the girl in sympathy and looked to the ground.

She took a step closer to him, "I just need space, okay?" he nodded and turned to face the horizon ahead, "you can stay on the trip but just give me space" she placed her hand on his shoulder before going back inside leaving him out on the balcony.

Skylar grabbed her keys and her phone starting to text someone while walking out of the apartment.

Sky
hey! can we meet I need to get my mind off things.

Drew
Sure if you want to hang out with the others too. We are just finishing a scene by the marsh if you want to come and we can hang out after?

Sky
Sure see you soon :)

Skylar smiled and got into the car they had rented, starting to drive off. She arrived at the marsh where there were so many camera stations and people all walking around in a rush.

A familiar face caught her eye and they started to run toward her, "Sky!" Madelyn yelled hugging her tightly, "Maddy!" she smiled as the crew and cameraman all watch, "we're you just shooting a scene?" Skylar asked the girl as she shakes her head.

"No, we were all just talking, come on there is someone you haven't met" she dragged Skylar around through all the crew people or camera workers until she stopped at this girl holding Rudy's hand.

"Skylar this is Elaine, Rudy's girlfriend," Skylar smiled and shook her hand, "Sky," a deep voice said walking over and giving her a hug.

"Miss me drew?" she smirked towards the boy who wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "you wish, Sky" I really do she thought as she laughed, and Drew took her around to a quiet area where there were hammocks tied onto trees.

"This is one of the places we film at, the chateau" she smiled as he sat comfortably on a hammock opposite Jonathan on his phone. She walked over to Drew and smiled sitting next to him on the hammock.

"So, you said you needed to get your mind off things, want to talk about it?" Skylar sighed and laid back in the hammock, "my parents invited my ex-fiancé on the vacation, and he is now in my room talking with my parents" he laid back and sighed resting his arm under his head.

"Why did you break up? you don't have to tell me if you don't want to..." she smiled and played with her fingers looking at the sky, "he cheated on me" Drew looked at her in shock and she looked back.

"what's the face for?" his face went back to being normal and brushed some hair off Skylar's face, "how could anyone cheat on someone as pretty as you?" Skylar started to blush at his words.

She didn't know what this feeling was that she felt when he talked to her or touched her, it was indescribable. The two suddenly were interrupted by Chase calling Drew's name about a hundred times and the two laughed.

"It must be important, go, I'll hang with JD over here" he smiled leaving the girl alone with Jonathan.

As Drew walked away he couldn't believe the feeling he felt for Skylar, it was like a thousand beautiful fireworks just blew up in the night sky... he was happy.

"So Johnny boy" she smirked as he chuckled at her comment, "never heard that one before" he smiled and she laughed as he threw her a beer, "thanks, what do you think they are doing?" Jonathan shrugged.

"Probably filming a scene, want to go, see?" the girl nodded, and Jonathan took her over to where they were filming a scene with Drew and Nick talking. She couldn't take her eyes off him; it was as if they were stuck there.

He was such an amazing actor, the best she had ever seen. Although, she hadn't watched many movies or tv shows very often it was easy to tell when someone was a great actor. The feeling you feel when watching them, the way they convey the character, it was just incredible for her.

Suddenly she felt a vibration come from her phone in her hand and looked at the message to see who it was from.

Miles
Come back here now, they are talking about you and Jackson getting married again.

Skylar sighed and put her phone in her pocket tapping Jonathan's shoulder and whispered into his ear 'tell Drew to text me later I have to go sorry' he nodded and gave the girl a hug before she walked off back to her car driving back to the apartment.

≺ Author's Note ≻

Author's Note

i hope you like this chapter i worked hard on it and i hope you don't mind that i put elaine in it. i know some people don't like her and others do but i thought she could be a nice character and a friend on skylar's.

thank you for all your support on this book nearly up to 200 reads already!

remember to vote, comment and follow! love you all <3