six

˗ˏˋ CAN'T LOSE CONTROL ࿐ྂ

Skylar ran up the stairs into the apartment room her and her family were staying in puffing and panting. She held her hands on her knees and looked up to see everyone laughing outside.

Skylar rolled her eyes and started to walk outside until, her brother stopped her, "what are you doing back so early?" the girl looked confused towards Miles.

"What do you mean? you texted me saying that mum and dad were talking about getting mine and Jackson's marriage going again" Miles grabbed out his phone and went into the messages looking at the texts.

His eyes widened and he checked the time it was sent 7:30 pm, "that asshole" he huffed shoving his phone back in his pocket.

"Who?" Skylar tilted her head curiously watching her brother get angry, "Jackson, he asked to use my phone, so I gave it to him, not knowing what he was doing".

"Why did he text me though?" Miles scratched the back of his neck and Skylar placed her hands on her hips, waiting for his response.

"Mum and dad told him about your new friend Drew and how you guys have been hanging out as friends. He got a little jealous when they told him... but I didn't think he would do this"

Skylar's eyes widened and she stormed past her brother towards the door to the balcony. She didn't really know why she was mad; she and Drew were just friends... right?

She opened the door still stuck in her thoughts and the three looked at her confused as she stood there not saying a word.

"Sky?" Jackson said and she snapped out of her mind and looked at the boy furiously, "why did you send that text from Miles' phone?" her parents looked confused at the boy, and he had a smirk but a shocked look on his face.

"Whoa, I didn't send anything from your brother's phone" he stood up placing his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Yes, you did, don't lie Jackson" he took a deep breath in and smiled at her parents walking closer to Skylar, "can we talk privately?"

She nodded and stepped out of the way for him to lead, walking into her bedroom. The two looked at each other silently before Jackson spoke up.

"I can explain-"

"You know, we both know the two ways this will go, we will either fight and someone will walk out or someone will make a bad decision like us in the pool in Hawaii" Skylar crossed her arms with a huff.

"You made that move on me Sky, yes I may have wanted it to happen, but you can't blame me for that" Jackson raised his voice a little making Skylar feel a little bad for him.

"Your right that was my fault... but you cheating on me was all you, and how are you jealous of me and a friend I made?" Jackson scoffed towards the girl turning and facing the wall, leaning on it.

"you're still on that! I was stressed out with the wedding and everything. Also, I am not jealous of you and some most likely tan surfer dude"

Skylar rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys making him turn around and look at her, "Sky please can we just start over?" she took a deep breath in and turned to open the door.

He stepped towards her and closed it stopping her from leaving and leaned down to her ear, "please Sky, remember us. It was the best time of our lives".

"It was... until it wasn't anymore" she opened three door and wakes out leaving him in the room leaning on the door.

Skylar wiped her eyes from tears and walked into the kitchen to get an apple. Her phone lights up and she looks down to see who it was from with a smile.

Jonathan
hey, Sky! want to come to hang out we are going for drinks?

Skylar smiles and started to text back until her parents scared her opening the door and walking inside, "we are going out for family drinks! plus Jackson of course" Skylar rolled her eyes and held her head in her hands leaning on the counter.

She picks up her phone and starts to type once again.

Skylar
Hey JD! sorry I can't tonight. Getting family drinks but another time!

Jonathan
I'll take your word for that!

Skylar smiled and placed her phone in her pocket as she followed her family out the room towards the car and Jackson dragging behind.

The five got in the car and started to drive towards the place as the night sky started to come out.

Skylar loved the night sky, night stoles really anything that happened at night. Ever since she was a kid it was the one thing that calmed her down if she was stressed or worried.

The car came to a stop, and they all got out walking into a restaurant. Jackson sat next to Skylar making her try and move closer to her brother next to her.

She looks around as she walked to the bar and noticed familiar faces looking over at her. It was everyone she met at the beach, she smiled and ran over giving them each a hug.

She looked around at all of them and her face fell as she didn't see the one person she hoped to see.

"I thought you said you were going out for drinks with your family?" JD said placing his drink on the table.

"yeah, they are over there" she pointed in the direction of four people laughing and having fun.

"Sky?" she heard from behind her, she turned around and a big smile came across her face, "Drew" she said giving him a hug and him doing the same.

"You look nice tonight" he smiled sitting down next to Jonathan, "thanks I-" she stopped her sentence feeling an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, I'm Jackson," he said holding his hands out for the group to shake. Skylar had told them all about him the other day and they didn't like him at all but they still shook his hand to be polite.

"We were wondering where you went Sky" Skylar softly chuckles moving his arm off her shoulder, "she likes running about" he chuckled and cleared his throat once everyone else didn't laugh with him.

"Hey, we should get back" he said pointing in the direction where their table was, "yeah, ugh we'll I'll catch up with you guys later?" they all nodded saying yes with a smile. Skylar waved goodbye as she and Jackson moved back to the table.

≺ Author's Note ≻

Author's Note

what do you think about jackson and skylar relationship so far?

do you guys also wanna see like more of their friendship or start to make a relationship?

we are nearly at 300!! honestly i didn't think this book would go this well, so thank you all for this love you all <3

remember to please vote, comment and follow if you want to read more of my books <3