i.

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

When dead started walking, it was something Paola only heard from her mother. How when people die, they were suppose to come back for the last day, an exact replica of themselves to be judged. But this was different, there was angels, no god's, only what Paola could describe as a nightmare.

But she was never told much of it, her parents hashing if she asked, or her father snapping at the poor pizza delivery boy who saved them from being torn to pieces in the first couple hours of the outbreak. and as the days away from her home, her pink room that held all her favourite toys, became longer, they dragged on for hours at a time for it seemed escaping to her dreams was a happier place to be than the real world.

Being so young, Paola didn't notice a lot of things. like how her mothers smile faded every time she wasn't looking, or how her father created more distance between himself and his wife and child every day, slinking off to go 'hunting' with Daryl, when in actuality, his grasp on reality was fading quickly and harshly. With her parents paying barely any mind, Paola was left to her own devices.

Left to draw on the notepad that was left by the campfire by Sophia or spinning Dale's hat around on her pointer finger, Paola was alone except for when she had Glenn. She found herself becoming quickly attached to his hip and they were becoming infamous around the camp as partners in crime. That's why no one was surprised when Paola ended up on a run with him.

Normally, Glenn would never let the girl leave the camp but as more and more people offered to go into atlanta, he eventually came around to the idea. Paola needed to get away, it was confusing for a little girl to be stuck in the middle of no where with people she'd never met before, but the longer her parents drifted away from her, the more she longed to get away.

A little girl shouldn't have had to wonder why her parents didn't love her anymore, but Paola always did.

Glenn knew that maybe it was a mistake to bring her here, walkers were around every corner and were now surrounding a military tank, while his mind was set on the little girl who trying to stay strong in the care of Jacqui's arms, he had to help the cop in the tank.

Paola gripped the womans jacket, her head held low waiting for her best friend to arrive through those doors. Covering her thick black ponytail was the red baseball cap she promised she'd keep safe for him, and while it was too big for her it provided a sense of comfort.

"He'll be okay, sweet." Jacqui rubs her hand in circles on her back, her soothing voice echoes throughout the store.

Paola looks up at her, her smile showing the gaps in her teeth brightly as she spoke with a lisp, "i know, he made a promise and Glenn never breaks his promises."

Jacqui sighs, looking eyes with the rest of the group. At least she's optimistic.

But then, the door opens and glenn arrives with a stranger, two more of the group shut the door, their bodies protected with armour. Then Andrea pushes the stranger back with her gun, "you son of bitch, we ought to kill you."

"Chill out, Andrea. back off." Morales says, his frown lines prominent.

Andrea scoffs at the rest of the groups agreement, "ease up? You're kidding me, right? We're dead because of this stupid asshole."