ii.

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

Rick and Andrea walk back into the store, walkers were nearly at their last defense now and all they had were their two guns.

"You think his daughters doing okay with all this?" Rick asks, walking around the isles of clothing.

Andrea raises an eyebrow, "who's daughter?"

Officer friendly looked at her like it was obvious, "Glenn's?" Then she laughs, chuckles, adding more to Rick's confusion, "what? What's so funny?"

eventually, she pulls herself together, "they're not related, at least, i don't think so. Her mom and dad are back at the camp, doubt they noticed though, Glenn's all she's got really." Andrea frowns, taking pity on the young girl, "she begged to come, I just wish she never did, she's too young to be dealing with all this y'know, she's only ten."

Rick lowers his gaze, "I have a son, around her age. If I ever found out he was in a place like I don't... I don't know what I'd do." He thinks of Carl, he thinks of Lori, Shane, anyone else who could be out there, but he didn't get how any parents didn't notice their kid was going to a place surrounded by the dead.

"She's tough," Andrea says, eyeing up the mermaid necklace for Amy, "besides, glenn would never let anything happen to her. They're like two peas in a pod."

Then, the walker's broke the glass. They were nearly through.

|

When Glenn gets up the ladder, he quickly sweeps Paola up in his arms, taking her as far away from the hole as he could. Seeing a walker just on the other side added to his adrenalin. The sound of glass shattering rang through the store and Paola clung closer to glenn, "we're not going to die, right?" She whispered.

"I promised, didn't I?" Glenn musters a smile, holding her in his arms still as he, morales and jacqui ran to the front of the store.

"What did you find down there?" Rick asks, his gun trained at the door.

"Not a way out." Morales says.

Andrea stares at the doors, her gun lowering, "then we need to find a way. Soon."

While the group concocted a plan, Paola was sitting, waiting on a barstool, messing around with Glenn's radio, the static keeping her company. Then, they dragged in a walker.

She'd never been this close. Her breathing hitched as her big brown eyes scanned over the corpse. It looked human and it lay like a human would but it wasn't, not anymore, however it felt like a concept she couldn't grasp.

The young girl was dressed haphazardly in a grey coat by glenn that covered her usual clothes, tugging on the weathered material, she blocks out most of Rick's monologue. That was, until Rick slammed the axe down into the body, dismembering most limbs and blood squirts everywhere. Paola squeaks loudly and covers her eyes, the smell made her gag.

"oh, i am so gonna hurl." Glenn groans, his hands on his knees, Paola pats his back while covering her eyes, she wasn't going to open them until she was sure the body was out of sight out of mind.

"later." Rick says, Morales continues to chop the walker up, "everybody got gloves? Don't get any on your skin or in your eyes."

|

Soon enough, Glenn and Rick had joined the undead and Jacqui was dragged Paola upstairs to watch from the rooftop.

"Hey, what's happening, man?" Merle asks, the group run past him to look over the edge.

"T-Dog, try that c.b." Morales orders, the first to jump down and reach the edge.

Merle tries again but they ignore him, again, "hey, come on, talk to me y'all."

T-Dog radios in, hoping to get a reply, "basecamp, this is t-dog, can you hear me? Can anyone hear me?"

Thunder rumbles, a storm was headed their way. Paola jumped up and down to see over the edge, standing on her tiptoes in hope to see Glenn and Rick. Then she feels the rain start to fall, droplets start by soaking her black hair and she brushes her fringe out of her eyes.

"its just a cloud burst we get them all the time, it'll pass real quick." Morales reassures them, holding the binoculars in his hand. The duo were being chased by walkers, chopping down any in their way until they managed to get to a truck over a gate.

then they drove off. The adults panicked amongst themselves, Dixon joining in shouting over to them from the pipe, but Paola knew that glenn didn't have the heart to leave them there. At least, that was what the optimistic side of her hoped.

Glenn radioed in, he was in a car it sounded like, but one much faster than the truck and he ordered them to get down to the doors, the doors that was flooded with walkers. Jacqui grabbed Paola's hand again, running behind Andrea and Morales but in front of T-Dog. They didn't think twice about Merle until he screamed like he usually did.

Running past the doors that were about to break, the quartet ran into the back to pull on a chain to open the back gate, "what's that noise?" Paola asked Jacqui with a lisp. Outside a car alarm was blaring.

T-Dog ran in after them, "wait for me!" he begs, carrying all the bags on his shoulders, they heard walkers growling behind him.

Paola couldn't help the little whimpered that escaped her. Maybe Glenn had lied to her, maybe she would die here.

But then, their saviour officer friendly was there to save the day. Opening the door, they shoved their luggage into the back and hopped in, walkers were trying to join them as Morales shut the trucks door, leaving Rick to drive them to safety.

Paola sat in between Andrea and Jacqui, the two women holding her close for their own sanities. Morales moved to the front next to Rick whole T-Dog catches his breath, "I dropped the damn key."

The young girl turned to Rick, the rest of the group listening in, "where's glenn?" He returns a kind, tight smile. The sounds of Glenn's red car was still blaring in the distance.

╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝