iv.

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

"Papa?" Paola asks, using her hands to shield her eyes away from the sun.

"Yeah, honey?" He asks nonchalantly, barely glancing over his shoulder.

"Why're you digging all these holes?" The young girl peers across the field, the multitude of holes dug by Sui was becoming larger and larger.

He stops for a moment and looked at the mess he'd made of the grass. Leaning against his shovel, he frowns, "I... I don't remember."

"Because your dad's a psycho, baby." Alina smiles, a real smile at her family. It was rare for her to break out of her trance but when she did, it made Paola smile a smile she could never drop.

Sui narrows his dark eyes at her playfully, "oh, I'm the psycho. Remind me, who married me again?"

Alina raised her eyebrow, responding equally as teasing, "having memory problems already old man?"

"Old?" Sui pressed a hand to his heart offended, "Me?"

She hummed and nudged her daughter who she sat down beside, "don't you think so, polar bear?"

Paola softened at the nickname she thought was long forgotten, "very." She giggled, feeling her mother wrap an arm around her.

Sui scoffed, "I'll show you, old." He threw down his shovel and hopped out the new hold, he scooped his family up in his arms. The laughter that left the small family was short but heartfelt. Moments like this hardly happened for them anymore and Paola was being to believe that she deserved it, but it was moments like this, when her parents were both really there that she remembered they did in fact love her.

But the sad thing is to any on lookers who caught a glimpse of them knew that it would be over soon than it began.

|

Sui quickly got back to digging once that moment was over, Alina and Paola watch over him, the older woman braids her daughters hair with a soft smile.

They have seconds of bliss before Shane interrupts, the group behind him, "hey, sui?" The man doesn't answer and Alina stiffles a smile while Paola frowns at her father's allusive behaviour. "Sui, why don't you hold on and give us a second, bud."

"I'm not your bud." Sui snaps, drawing himself away from digging.

Shane holds his hands up in apology, "we're just a little concerned man, that's all."

"Dale says you've been out here for hours." Morales says, speaking up from behind Shane.

"So?"

"So why're you digging?" Shane hits back.

Sui narrows his eyes and start to move his shovel again, "why don't you just leave me and my family alone?"

"it's 100 degrees today, why don't you all get inside?" Dale smiles kindly as at Paola, nodding that it was okay to leave, however Alina tightened her grip on Paola's hair, restricting her from moving.

"That hurt, mama." She whispers, trying to move her head away, but Alina pays her no mind.

"We're quiet alright out here." Alina says, Sui continues to dig, agreeing with his wife.

Lori sighs and steps forward, "they're not gonna say it so I will, Sui, you're scaring people. You're scaring my son and Carol's daughter."

The man chuckles sarcastically, "they've got nothing to be scared of, right honey?" He looks to his daughter who timidly nods, "see?"