Color theory means nothing when there is blood involved

***Chapter 14 is here and ready to read. Enjoy to your hearts content. The picture above is what I kinda imagine Jun's concealed dagger would look like. I'm sorry that my chapters always end up turning out so long. I'm going to start cutting it down so they're not as long. I always end up realizing how long it is after I already written everything and am too much of a hoarder to get rid of anything I've already made. I freaking love Jun's character and her relationship with Ama and the rest of the cast. There's just something rejuvenating about writing someone that is characterized by love. Angst and tragic backstories all have their own appeal, but sometimes it's nice to think about people that have healthy ways of communicating and basing relationships off of open affection and genuine altruism. Jun's little bits of pieces I like seeing in people I meet. The positive aspects and things I wish more people were willing to do in everyday life. Anyway, enough sappiness, here's the chapter.***

"How are you able to release your tanto during fighting?" Shunsui inquired. Having won his argument with Jushiro, he had weaseled Jun into practice and strategy lessons with him under the guise that that was Shunsui's original plan for Jun's stay in his Division. And Jushiro couldn't say squat about his lies, as he was currently sitting under a tree watching the lesson progress, ready to give any tips as a dual wielder as well as step in if Shunsui got too overzealous. Jun sat criss-crossed on the ground with Ama resting horizontally on their lap while hanging off of Shunsui's every word.

"I can open it," Jun pointed to the bottom. "Or," Jun shot a pulse of reiatsu through the staff before the bottom of the naginata opened and the dagger smoothly slipped out. They reached over and grabbed the smaller blade. Ama's image sat next to Jun eyeing the two captains in suspicion at the sudden interest with Jun's fighting style when they had both only recently trying to get Jun out of the upcoming war. Shunsui clapped his hands in appreciation.

"Very interesting, and when would you usually use your second blade?" Jun tilted their head in consideration.

"When Ama's stuck or the other person's too close."

"Very good!" Jushiro thought the other was laying on the praise a little thick, but faulted it on Jun's still nervous manner around Shunsui. "But Jun-kun, that's not the right way to think about your other blade." At Jun's scrunched eyebrows, Shunsui continued in explanation. "Your tanto is also Ama! Both parts of your Zanpakuto are one and the same. Ama is just split into 2 different physical forms." Jun's eyes widened in realization before nodding their head. At the same time, Ama was viciously shaking their head.

No! No, don't tell them that. Jun doesn't need to use the tanto and be in stabbing distance. Ama had been trying to keep Jun's fighting farther away from opponents so they wouldn't experience as much damage as if they were up close and personal against an opponent. Jun looked over at Ama with a hurt expression, not expecting him to hold information against them. Both Captains raised their eyes while making eye contact. The duo hadn't expected Jun's Zanpakuto to withholding information with how close the two seemed. It did remind them that Ama was more Zanpakuto-like than they considered, maybe a lot more genial with Jun than most wielders with their Zanpakuto but still held that subterfuge that all Zanpakutos seemed to coat themselves in from time to time.

"I'm sure Ama meant well. She was only looking out for your best interest, which is the true nature of all Zanpakutos." Jushiro offered, but Jun didn't appear to being paying attention. Instead Jun and Ama were locked in a staring contest seeming to conversing with each other through their eyebrows and silent hand gestures alone. Well this was new and probably the most expressive Jushiro and Shunsui had seen Jun in a while. Eyebrows shooting up and behind Jun's bangs while their eyes widened and they pointed around. Ama was just as expressive and was strongly pointing towards the ground. After a few more exchanges, the winner was clear by the fact that Ama buried his face his hands while heaving a long and heavy sigh shown by his shoulders rising and deflating rapidly. Jun turned back to Shunsui without skipping a beat and acting like they hadn't held a several minute long argument in front of said person.