Hello, thank you for not dying

***This is my new Bleach fanfiction. I don't own the series Bleach or any of the characters except Jun. Dedication goes to skyuni for the first chapter. Italics are thoughts. Sorry for my sloppy writing. It'll get better as I get used to the story. Anyway hope you enjoy.***

It was becoming enough of a regular occurrence in Karakura Town that, really, they should have expected the peace to be broken sooner or later. Two young teenagers were to be traveling down the side of the road. Inoue Orihime was the type of girl who gave off a feeling of freshness or girlish youth with her wide, kind brown eyes and long flowing burnt orange hair. Two small blue flower pins decorated her hair. Next to her stood Sado Yasutora, mostly referred to as Chad, a tall, muscular young man. He had wavy dark brown hair that overhung over his eyes and a dark complexion; his facial expressions very calm. He gave off a dependable feeling. Both teens were talking when a heavy spiritual pressure filled throughout the air. They both turned to where the spiritual pressure was coming from in surprise. Eye contact was made between the pair before they both started running to where the pressure was building; Chad murmuring about, "All this spiritual pressure." As most spiritually aware Karakura residents have learned, nothing good usually comes out of unknown presences in their town. The pressure was getting thicker as they got closer to its source. In the sky blue lights, souls, were all gathering. They were literally being sucked away from living people's bodies. Orihime shivered upon watching the scene. As they passed by, a normal business man around his thirties collapsed to the ground moaning. Orihime gasped while running towards the man.

"Chad wait." He only paused for a second before taking a breath and looking over his shoulder.

"It's no use, that guy's passed away." She gulped softly. What could be doing this? Could they be Bounts again?

Chad seeming to pick up her thought and denied it. "No, there are no more Bounts and this methods is different from the Bounts." He paused looking up at the sky when something caught the corner of his eye. A feeling of fresh air breezed past through the thickness of the dense air. For a split second Chad had the faintest sense of fresh grass grazing past his nose. He turned to see what looked like a young boy. The child was looking around sporadically and obviously agitated by the crinkle between their brow. Orihime turned to what Chad was looking at to see the spirit too.

The spirit appeared to be a small boy that looked to be around 12 or so. They had brown messy hair that curled a little near the ends and wore clothing similar to a Shihakusho, the standard uniform Shinigami usually dressed in. The spirit's clothing were somewhat familiar to the uniforms normal Shinigamis wore except it was entirely white with the only splash of color being the gold-colored belt around their waist and the gold trimming along the sleeves. At first glance they gave off an impression of a roguish imp that wondered out of the forest itself. Orihime and Chad wondered what this spirit was doing but before either could stop them, their head suddenly snapped up toward where the two were originally running to and ran off into that direction.

"Chad, who was that?" Orihime asked. No matter how harmless the spirit looked, any unknowns should always be treated with caution. Karakura's had enough trespassers to not like any who weren't its own.

"Not sure." Chad answered before he looked at the sky again. "We can worry about him later; we need to go." Quickly darting her eyes back towards the sky, Orihime nodded her head getting ready for battle. Ichigo and the others would probably soon notice the crushing pressure and come to investigate. Even if Ichigo didn't do so well at spiritual detection, Uryu probably would smack Ichigo and tote him off to the battlefield.

"Right." They darted off again to where the spirits were all heading but not once seeing the young spirit from before. The child was thrown to the back of their minds. They finally arrived where the pressure was coming from, the park. Surprise hit the two upon seeing the site before wariness captured their attention.