16.

The thing that Taecyeon didn't notice was that his pants already caught fire. He realized when it was too late. "AAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!" He cried in agony as the fire engulfed his body.

I buried Y/n's face in my chest to prevent her from witnessing this horrible scene and myself closed the eyes. Taecyeon kept on groaning and moaning until ashes were only left.

Someone just burned infront of my eyes. Normally it would have taken me a week to come out of this trauma, but survival was the priority now.

The room was covered in dark smoke. Oxygen level was reducing drastically. If we don't get out of here now, we will choke to death. The fire had spread everywhere in the lab.

My eyes were stinging. I felt Y/n getting heavier until I discovered she was unconscious. "Y/n-ah, open your eyes *cough* Don't give up! *cough* *cough* Wake up." I tapped her cheeks but got no result. I need to get us out of here.

I spotted a door at another end of the room. I left Y/n lying on the floor before approaching it. It was locked. I looked around for something to break it and spotted hammer-like iron material.

I hissed when I grabbed the hot object. Nevertheless, opened the door. Another wave of smoke hit my face. Only a narrow pass was there for us to get through without getting roasted.

I felt my lungs would collapse any moment. My throat was dry like sand. Head throbbed due to lack of oxygen. No time to whine. I carried Y/n in bridal style and ran out of the room. I could spot light source at the other end of the passage. That was the exit! My legs got extra strength in the light of hope. I busted out of the door into the outside world.

My head was spinning and vision was blurry. But I spotted two figures approaching. I didn't stop running until I reached Seokjin.

"Jungkook! What are you—"

"Sa-ave Y/n..." *breaths*

Seokjin nodded and took her unconscious body from my hand. "Namjoon, check on him!" He ran towards the car.

My legs gave in as I landed on my knees. Namjoon was trying to say something but I blacked out before it reached my ears.

..................................

2 days later

Jungkook's pov

It felt so relaxing. Someone stroked my hairs in the same way my mom used to do when I was a kid. I started getting cautious of my surroundings. I was lying on a soft mattress. A female hand was rested on my head.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the beautiful face of my Yeoljachingu (girlfriend). The thin lips smiled at me. Her eyes ejected positive energy, refreshing my whole body. She looked divine. Were we both in heaven?

I was proved wrong by the stinging pain of the IV tube inserted in my wrist. No one could ever imagine my happiness. Y/n was safe! She sat by me unhurt! I felt like dancing. I was half healed just by looking at her.

"Jungkook..." It feels so euphoric to hear my name from her lips. "How do you feel?"

"Happy. What about you?" I was still in daze.

"I am Okay..."

"Do you remember me?" I asked in hope.

She sadly shook her head. "I am sorry. I can... I only remember the name Jungkook."

"Then how do you know its me?"

"Seokjin told."

"Do u remember Seokjin?"