The Event

Hi loves, my apologies, life has hit. And she has hit HARD.

Thank you for your continued support, her is your very long ver overdue chapter

****

What a sight to see. I'd be lying to myself if I said these past couple of months had been one of the hardest in my life. 

Not the hardest, that was reserved for the time we lost our son. That was the hardest and most painful time in my life. 

And still, as she lay there asleep with my daughter I couldn't help but wonder what would've been. If I had been a better man, would things be different?

"Aaron?" She snapped me out of my daydream. Only she called me that even after all this time, she was the only one who could call me that.

"Good morning" I said walking around the bed toward my little Flora. 

"She's been out for 4 hours now. I fed her and she hasn't woken since, did you get in contact with a nanny?" 

"No, the agency is now reluctant to send someone over. Apparently watching a child is too fucking hard." 

She burst out laughing, something I had not caused in a while.

" I don't think Flora is the problem here."

"I know, no need to rub in the fact my daughter no longer has a mother," I said rubbing my forehead. 

I sat at the edge of the bed, the flower print seemingly highly ironic.

"Never took you for the dramatic type." She said rolling her eyes.

"I'm exhausted Florence I have a fucking meeting this afternoon and no one is willing to watch her," I said placing my hands over my face.

"Wow, that sounds like a horrible personal problem to me. Good luck."

I gave her a look

"What? You thought I was going to volunteer to look after her? And deal with her mother later when she returns?" 

"Yes" I said 

"Fuck no, she's your problem to deal with. I have much more important things to do than to play step-Mommie"

"Fine." I said picking Flora up.

That was my first mistake.

She started bawling as I'd never heard before. I groaned in frustration.

"Why would you even do that? Did you learn nothing when we had Alexander?" She said in the most I-told-you-so tone ever.

"What do I do?" I said desperately bouncing back and forth trying to calm the now red-faced child.

"Check her diaper, try feeding her, rock her? Not my problem." She said walking out of the room.

***

It had now been approximately 30 minutes and the crying had yet to stop. I resisted laughing knowing it was a little wrong of me.

I attempted to continue reading my book at the kitchen counter trying to concentrate. The task was impossible.

My car was still stolen. 

I was closer now than ever to losing my mind.

I decided enough was enough and made my way upstairs.

"Can I have your keys?" I said only sticking my head through the door.

"What?" He asked vigorously bouncing back and forth.