The Perfect Woman

She rigidly stood by her husband. She clapped along with the crowd putting on her best smile. Her elegance and poise could be visibly seen.

She was perfect.

She was every man's dream.

Perfection was a word made to describe her. Any man would be lucky to have her.

But she knew better. She knew more than she would ever let anyone know.

She knew what really happened behind closed doors.

~~

"Thank you so much for having us Ashley it was a lovely event. You must give me your planner's number." I told her with the best smile I could plaster on my face.

"Thank you so much Florence, I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and of course I will. I tell you, this girl is simply magnificent."  She said her eyes focusing on the necklace around my neck.

Her eyes went wide as she put the pieces together.

"Oh Christian what a lovely gesture. I'm sure your mother is happy you gave your wife her necklace." She said pouting her fake lips.

His arm went around my shoulders and I fought to stay put.

" Yes, my mother is very happy she is the bearer of this family heirloom." He said smiling down at me and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

It was all for show.

He guided me into the car waiting for us. He was a perfect gentleman, allowing me to get in before he did. However, as soon as the door closed, a new atmosphere was put into place. The air turned rigid, cold, distant. Or perhaps it was the man that sat by my side.

I leaned against the cold window and closed my eyes wishing I could vanish into air.
***

I knew she was here. The cold house now seemed brighter. He seemed happier more tolerable.

I couldn't fail to notice his smile as he entered the house. His eyes lit up as she ran towards him. He caught her firmly as she jumped on him, she wrapped her perfect legs around his torso as they gave each other a kiss.

I walked away not wanting to watch how the scene would unfold.

"How are both of you doing?" Was the last thing I heard him ask before I disappeared into my room.

It was later that evening when I decided to get ready for bed when I saw her again.

We often had important people spend the night, so to make everything easier, we had conjoined rooms separated by a bathroom which only I used.

However, she seemed to believe she was going to take that too.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked as she opened the bathroom door.

"Making myself at home." She said as she laid stuff on the second vanity. "What do you think?" She asked me swinging a piece of lingerie in my face.

"Lovely color. What is it exactly you think you are doing?" I asked going straight to the point.

"Sleeping with your husband. What about you? How's life treating you?"

"I'm great thanks for asking. Although, you know there's this certain bitch that thinks she can take over my bathroom. But apart from that, everything is fine and dandy. What about you darling, how's the slut society treating you?"