Unexpected

I never expected my life to turn out the way it did. Being married to someone who wouldn't even look me in the eye if he didn't have to was not exactly the type of husband I had dreamed of.

Him having a child with another woman while we were still married was also not one of my life goals. And him having a daughter instead of a son and then naming her after me was just another curveball life had thrown at me. 

I, however, was willing to take anything life was throwing my way with the knowledge that in a few months everything I had ever dreamed of would become my reality. 

___

It had been a few weeks since the hospital had released the little bitch and her mother. 

And their stay was only troublesome and inconvenient. They had both managed to drive everyone in the household mad. Their cries awoke everyone up at every hour of the night and they failed to cease even during daylight.

3:45 am. It was at 3:45 am when my peaceful slumber had been interrupted by the horrible cries of both mother and child. I tossed and turned in my bed wondering why all the money my husband owned could not be used to buy a house with sound-proof walls. 

I decided that going back to sleep was now pointless so I made my way to the kitchen to grab a cup of glorious coffee. 

I picked up the book I was currently reading from the kitchen counter and began to make my way back to my bedroom when I was slammed against the wall. 

The coffee I had in hand splattered all over my satin nightgown and my hair. I gasped surprised by the sudden and unexpected heat on my chest. 

"Get it the fuck away from me! I don't want it anywhere near me!" I heard her yell as she ran away from the nanny with a screaming child in her arms. 

"But ma'am it's her feeding time she needs to eat!"

"Get it a bottle I'm tired of breastfeeding. I don't want to do it anymore!"

"Ma'am I've been given very specific instructions by-"

"I don't give a fuck I don't want her anywhere near me! I don't even want to be in the same house as her god she's driving me mad!" I watched her fall to her knees as she began to cry.

She began rocking back and forth like a madwoman and mumbling things under her breath. And as soon as it began it ended. She shot up like her ass was on fire and made a run towards the door. 

I looked over to the place she had been before and realized she had taken my car keys. 

"That fucking bitch." I mumbled as I made my way up the stairs to go change. 

Before I could even turn around the so-called nanny shoved an angry, screaming, and very hungry baby into my arms.

"Take this as my resignation I can't work another second with that bitch if she ever does come back. This child would be better off with you and you've never even paid any mind to it" She said as she spun around on her heel and also made her way to the door. 

I was brought back my the screaming newborn in my arms that demanded she be fed immediately. 

"Fan-fucking-tastic. Just what I fucking needed." I carried her up the stairs temped to go drop her off at a local church. 

I picked up my phone from my nightstand and dialed her father's number.

"Hello?" He answered seemingly surprised I was calling him.

"Your girlfriend just left and the nanny you hired just quit. I need somebody to come and take care of it." 

"What?!" He said in rage. "It's too fucking early to be pulling pranks out of your ass Florence."

"Hear for yourself." I said as I shoved my phone closer to the screaming kid's mouth.

"Who do I call to come and collect it?" I asked rubbing my temple already feeling a headache coming in. 

"It's not an animal, you can't just call animal control to come and get her. She needs to be fed, there's formula in the pantry make her a bottle and I'll jump on a flight right this instant."

"Whatever. At least try calling someone I don't need to spend my precious time with your kid."

"Fine just feed her."

"Fine" I said as I hung up the phone and picked up the screaming child once more. 

Once I was in the kitchen I prepared her a bottle and made my way back to my room. 

"Jesus Christ child you have a pair of lungs on you don't you? If you could stop being such a bitch and stop turning then maybe you could get what you're so desperately demanding for."

She finally latched on to the bottle and her cries ceased. I let out a breath and held the bottle so she wouldn't drown in milk. Once she was done I burped her and rocked her in my arms where she passed out. 

I gently laid her down in my bed making sure not to move her suddenly so she wouldn't wake up. And before I knew it I too drifted off and fell asleep cursing her mother and nany under my breath.