The Beggining

She was never a secret, she was never a shadow,she was never a ghost. She was a presence.

As present as cherry blossoms were on a tree.

Always lurking over my shoulder like a pest, she never went away. And now I knew she would never go away.

She was going to give him something most men would run away from, yet the one who was supposed to be mine would never run from-a child.

An inheritance more valuable than all the gold in the world.

A dream all women dreamed of having one day. A dream I once was at the brim of having, yet it seemed I was not deemed worthy enough to have.

**

I never really got to know him. It was an arrangement. But isn't life one?

Life before him was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. I went through all the phases a normal person would go through. Life was simple.

I was told I would marry at the tender age of seventeen. At the very edge of seventeen .

We both came from equally wealthy families, rivals before.

Our marriage fixed that.Or so I believed.

We were hostile towards each other in the beginning. Fighting at every chance we got. Clawing at each other's throat wishing death upon one another.

However, as seasons came and went, we began to tolerate each other. Slowly but surely beginning to enjoy each other's presence. And before we even knew it, craving the other's existence. Wishing every minute together was as slow as the rising sun. Dreading the moments we had to spend apart from each other.

And suddenly it ended just the way it began; unexpected, sudden, and without warning.

The tragedy of losing something we both yearned for too big for us to overcome together.

So, we did it apart in separate rooms as far away from the other as could physically be possible without letting others know.

Knowing better.

Allowing ourselves to find who we truly were.

And he found who he really was through her.

The Other Woman.