01 - summer

Summer vacation finally began and Cassie Taylor wouldn't be happier. 

Cassie finished her first year of high school at Abigail Adams High School. She never thought the school year would turn out the way it did.

Cassie was living in Seattle, Washington, before moving to New York with her parents. Her mother got a promotion at work and part of the promotion she accepted was to move to New York. The promotion also meant that Cassie's father had to transfer to the New York location of his job. 

The school year had many ups and downs with her friends and they were able to get out of situations okay for the most part.

Whenever she thinks of all the good things about the school year, she always thinks of how she had found a great group of friends. But when she thinks of the bad things, one thing would come to find and that is one of her friends, Riley Matthews, and her family were moving away to London because her mother's law firm were transferring her to their firm in London.

When she became friends with Riley Matthews, she did not think that she would ever lose such a great friend, but unfortunately, she moved away at the end of the school year.

At least Riley can stay in touch with Cassie and the rest of their friends through texting and phone and video calls.

"Cassie! Come on wake up!" Cassie heard her father, Scott Taylor, call to her from the kitchen.

"Ugh!" Cassie groaned.

She was having such a good dream and her father's voice woke her up.

"Stop groaning and get out of bed!" her mother, Robin, called.

Cassie got out of bed and got ready.

"Morning," Cassie greeted her parents as she entered the kitchen.

"Morning, Cassie," Robin said.

She kissed Cassie on the side of her forehead.

"Morning, peanut," Scott said.

"Morning, Dad," Cassie said, kissing her dad on his cheek.

"Want some bacon?" Scott asked his daughter.

"Yes, please," Cassie smiled.

Scott smiled. "Alright."

He glanced at the fridge.

"Hey, Cassie, can you get the bacon from the fridge?" Scott request.

"Oh, right," Cassie said.

She pulled out bacon from the fridge and opened it.

She helped her dad make breakfast as her mother was on a work - related phone call.

"Is Mom going to eat breakfast with us?" Cassie asked her father.

Cassie noticed how long her mother was on the phone call and began wondering if she was going to join them seeing that she and Scott were nearly done making breakfast.

"I don't... know," Scott admitted. "I guess she'll join us when she's done eating breakfast."

When Cassie and Scott finished up making breakfast, the two began eating.

"What are your plans today?" Scott asked.

"I think hang out with Harley," Cassie shrugged.

Harley Walker was Cassie's best friend. They both met on their first day of school at Abigail Adams High School. They were both new to the school and didn't know anyone. Since their first interaction, they found themselves hanging out every single day at each others houses or with their friends at Topanga's Bakery, a bakery that Topanga Matthew, Riley's mother, bought. 

The bakery became everyone's go to hang out place.

"What are you two going to do?" Scott asked before taking a bite from his eggs.

"Um, I think maybe hang out at Topanga's," Cassie shrugged. "I'm not really sure. We're just going to go there first then go from there."

Scott nodded.

After they finished eating breakfast, Scott had to rush to work and Cassie began to wash the plates.

Robin finished from the phone call and quickly ate her breakfast before quickly heading to a meeting, leaving more dishes for Cassie to wash.

Once the dishes were washed, Cassie headed over to Topanga's, which thankfully wasn't far from her house. 

Harley was sitting there with his little brother, Peter. 

Peter looked over his older brother's shoulder and smiled.

"Cassie!" he said.

Harley looked towards the door as Cassie entered.

He smiled when his best friend entered.

"Hey, guys," Cassie greeted the two brothers.

"Hey," Harley smiled.

"What's going on, guys?" Cassie joined Harley and Peter.

"Not much," Harley shrugged.

"I have a soccer game coming up," Peter said.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Peter nodded. "Do you want to come?"

"When is it?"

"It's on Friday at five," Harley answered.

"Can you make it?" Peter asked.

"Uh," Cassie took a moment to think back to if she had anything coming up on Friday at that time. "Yeah, sure, I can make it."

Peter smiled, relieved.

Harley was equally relieved.

Cassie set her things on the table.

"I'm going to get something to drink," Cassie said, standing up.

"Can you get me a milkshake?" Harley requested.

"Strawberry?" 

"Please," Harley said.

Cassie nodded and went over to the counter where Katy Hart, Maya Hart's mother, was working at.

Maya Hart was one of Cassie's friends and Harley's girlfriend. Cassie and Harley met Maya and her friends on their first day at Abigail Adams High School. They had joined the group when everyone abandoned Maya and Riley Matthews in the hole. The hole was the floor below the ground floor that a seniors at the time told Maya, Riley and their friends to stay at. Their friend group, not wanting to be in the hole, left, not wanting to stay in the hole for all of high school. Out of sympathy and the fact that Riley was Harley's neighbor at the time, both Cassie and Harley decided to join them.

"Hey, Cassie," Katy greeted Cassie.

"Hi," Cassie smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good," Katy smiled. "How are you?"

"Good," Cassie smiled. 

"Would you like anything?"

"Uh, can I get two strawberry milkshakes?" Cassie requested. "And do you still have the blueberry muffins?"

Katy checked.

"We do," Katy said. "It's coming right up."

Cassie brought the plate of the muffin to the table and Katy began to make the milkshakes.

"Have you gone to any new auditions lately?" Harley asked.

"Uh, not yet," Cassie said. "But I have an audition next week."

"What is it for?" Peter asked, curiously.

"It's for a show," Cassie said. "It's a recurring character for at least five episodes."

Harley smiled. "Let's hope you get it."

"I hope so," Cassie said. "But who knows?" she shrugged. 

"You'll get it," Harley said. "I'm sure you will."

Cassie smiled a little.

She really hoped to get the role.