17 ~ winter break

Winter break finally started.

Cassie spent the first full day of a break at home, not wanting to do anything.

She wanted to relax and have the day for herself

When she woke up, the first thing that Cassie did after getting ready was get coffee. She stopped by the nearby coffee shop and bakery to get coffee and something to eat for breakfast. 

She got bagels and coffee for her parents as well.

When she got home, her dad just walked into the kitchen when Cassie entered. 

"Hey, honey," Scott said.

"Hi, Dad," Cassie said.

"Where did you go?" 

"I went to get coffee and bagels," Cassie said.

Scott realized that Cassie had three small bags and three cups of coffee.

"Oh," Scott said. "Oh."

Cassie smiled and set the coffee and bagels on the table. 

"Thank you, honey," Scott said, kissing the top of her head. "Did you tell them to warm the bagels up?"

"No," Cassie shook her head. "It would've gotten cold by the time I got home."

"Good, good," Scott said. "Set the table, I'll heat up the bagels. Did you get cream cheese?"

"Oh," Cassie said, her smile following. "I forgot to ask them."

"It's okay," Scott said. "There's some in the fridge."

Cassie nodded.

She quickly set the table and took out the cream cheese from the fridge.

Just as she set the cream cheese down, Robin walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, Mom," Cassie said.

"Good morning," Scott said.

"Morning," Robin said, tiredly. "Who got the coffee and bagels?"

"Cassie did," Scott said.

"Oh, thank you, Cassie," Robin said.

After Cassie had breakfast with her parents, Cassie went back into her room and sat at her desk.

She logged onto her laptop and opened the messages app.

Harley was the only one who texted her so far.

She bit her lip, when she read the text.

Cassie turned around on her chair, ready to get up to talk to her parents when Robin came in.

"Hey," Robin said.

"Hi."

"Do you have a laundry?"

"Um, yeah," Cassie said.

"You need to do all of your chores before you do anything else," Robin said.

"Ugh," Cassie groaned.

"Do it, or you're not allowed to go out with your friends," Robin said.

"Alright," Cassie said.

Robin was about to close the door as she left the room when Cassie stopped her.

"Can I hang out with Harley later?"

"After your chores," Robin said as she closed the door.

Cassie texted Harley back, letting him know she can hang out with him later.

She got up and began completing her chores. She did her laundry and put her clothes away, cleaned her bathroom, cleaned her room, and made her bed. She then had to help her parents clean up the apartment.

Once she was done, she texted Harley letting him know she was free the rest of the day and she can meet up with him whenever. 

They ended up making plans to hang out at the mall for last-minute Christmas shopping and just to hang out.

They ran into a few friends from school while they were having lunch at one of the restaurants at the mall.

Once they were done eating, they went into one more store before heading back home.

The next day on Sunday, Cassie met up with Harley and Zoey at the bakery where they just hung out for a little bit before they went to the movie theater.

After they were done with the movie theater, they said that they would get dinner.

"What about sushi?" Harley suggested.

"Let's go to anywhere except the sushi bar that Randy works at," Cassie said.

"Okay," Zoey and Harley said.

"What happened between you guys?" Zoey asked.

"I just realized that I didn't like him like that," Cassie said. "And I just haven't been able to bring myself to see or talk to him at all."

"Oh," Harley said.

They went to the same sushi bar they would normally go to but at a different location rather than the one near the movie theater, all to avoid Randy.

She wished she wasn't scared to face him, but she was. She wasn't ready to see him at all.

Whenever she saw him at Topanga's Bakery or just anywhere all high school go to hang out, she avoids him at all costs and make's sure she doesn't look in his direction or just talk to him at all.

She knew that if they went to the sushi bar near the movie theater, he might end up being their waiter and she just can't handle it just it. 

Cassie felt guilty, but she just wasn't ready to face Randy just yet.

After having dinner at the sushi bar, they all went home. 

Sunday morning, Cassie woke up and got coffee with her dad and went back home.

Robin made breakfast for them.

When they finished breakfast, Cassie and Scott cleaned up the table and washed the dishes.

"Do you have any plans today?" Scott asked.

Cassie shook her head no.

She was planning on just staying home, which is something she wanted to do the last few days, but didn't because she went out with her friends.

Like she planned, she stayed home. 

She recorded some self tapes auditions and sent them off. After that, she got onto a video call with Zoey and Harley on her laptop. 

They stayed on the call even when they weren't talking and doing other stuff, whether on their computer, phone, or something in their bedrooms.