05 ~ sleepover

Zoey was conflicted about how she felt about Smackle joining them in the sleepover.

"Just remember," Cassie said as she and Zoey laid out sleeping bags and blankets and pillows on the floor, "we're doing this for Farkle."

"I know," Zoey said. "I don't mind Smackle, but..."

"It'll be okay," Cassie said. "This is the perfect opportunity to get to know her."

"Haven't you been friends with her all year?"

"Kinda," Cassie said. "I mean, we only hung out when we were with Maya, Farkle, Harley, and the others. We never had a proper conversation or anything."

Zoey nodded.

The doorbell rang and Cassie and Zoey heard Zoey's mother open the door.

"Hi, Maya," Zoey's mother greeted her.

Cassie and Zoey stood up from the floor.

"Hi, Mrs. Evans," Maya greeted Mrs. Evans.

Cassie and Zoey left the bedroom.

"Zo -" Mrs. Evans began to call but stopped when she saw Cassie and Zoey coming down the stairs.

"Hey," Cassie said.

"Hey, Maya," Zoey said.

"Hi, guys," Maya greeted them with a smile on her face.

"Come on in," Mrs. Evans said, moving out of the way to let Maya in.

"Come on," Zoey said.

Before anyone could move, Smackle arrived.

"Hi, Smackle," Cassie greeted her.

"Hey," Zoey said.

"Hello, Zoey and Cassie," Smackle said.

"Hey," Maya said.

"Maya."

"Uh, Mom, this is Isadora Smackle," Zoey said.

"Hi," Mrs. Evans greeted Smackle. "I'm Zoey's mother."

"Hello, Mrs. Evans," Smackle smiled. "Thank you for letting me spend the night here."

"Hey, it's no problem," Mrs. Evans said. 

"Do you guys want to go up?" Zoey suggested.

"Yeah," Maya said. "Let's go."

Maya and Smackle followed Cassie and Zoey up the stairs and to Cassie's bedroom.

"This is my bedroom," Cassie said.

"Ooh," Maya said, noticing the posters on Zoey's walls. "You like musicals?"

"Yeah," Zoey smiled. 

Zoey had a few posters of posters, three above her bed and two above her desk.

Three out of the five were musicals.

"Which one's your favorite?" Maya asked as she dropped her duffle bag by the door.

"Ooh, um," Zoey said, "I can't decide," she laughed nervously.

"I'm assuming that you like Sound of Music, Annie and Mary Poppins?" Maya asked.

Smackle sat down at Cassie's desk.

"Yeah," Zoey said.

Cassie sat on her sleeping bag and looked up at Maya and Cassie.

She glanced back at Smackle, looking around at the room from the desk.

"You know, I heard the local theater are holding auditions for a musical," Cassie remembered.