07 ~ painting sets

Cassie unfortunately didn't get a part in the play. She was able to help out in the play, like painting the sets. Zoey got a part of the play, thankfully. At least one of them got a part.

Cassie got out of work on Tuesday afternoon and went to the theater to help paint the scenes and build them. The instructor, Mrs. Bennet, knew that Cassie worked and that some days, she'll be coming a bit late. Mrs. Bennet also assured Cassie that she didn't have to help but Cassie insisted.

She changed her shift hours so she can help out in the play.

Cassie got to the theater and dropped her backpack in the back of the theater on one of the seats. She knew where Zoey left her things and left her things with Zoey's.

"Hey," Cassie greeted Farkle.

Cassie had walked over to the stage to begin painting. She joined Farkle in painting a tree.

"Hey," Farkle greeted her. "How was work?"

"Good," Cassie said. "It was good."

She sat down and picked up a paintbrush and dipped it into the green paint.

"You really don't have to help," Farkle said. "Mrs. Bennet knows you work and -"

"Oh, no, it's fine," Cassie said. "I wanna find a way to help out and support Zoey."

"You can support her in a different way," Farkle said.

"I know I can show up when they perform, but I wanna be a part of the process, you know?"

"I get it," Farkle nodded. "But seriously, you're clearly exhausted."

Cassie shook her head but her red face said otherwise. Cassie did not have time to go back home and change or clean up. She came directly from work.

"It's fine," she insisted. 

Farkle hesitated but didn't continue pressing the topic.

"What did you do today? Before coming here," Cassie said.

"Uh, I was hanging out with Lucas and Gabe," he said. "We went to the mall for a bit."

Cassie nodded. 

"Were you able to do anything else before work?"

"No," Cassie shook her head. "I didn't. I changed my shift hours so I'm working earlier in the day now."

"Did you change your days off?"

"Yeah," Cassie said. "I have weekends off now."

"Oh, good," Farkle smiled. "We can do stuff with you those days."

Cassie smiled. "Yeah."

They continued to paint.

"Do you have any plans on Friday? After rehearsals?" Farkle asked.

Zoey got on stage to rehearse a scene with a few others in the scene.

Cassie glanced back and smiled seeing her best friend perform.

"Yeah, I do, actually," Cassie said.

"With Harley and Zoey?" Farkle raised his eyebrows.

"No," Cassie said. "Another friend?"

"You have friends outside of our group?" Farkle asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I do," Cassie gave him a look. "I have a life outside of you guys, you know?" she smiled.

"I know, but I just... I guess I didn't think about you having other friends," Farkle laughed, nervously.

"So, you can have other friends but I can't?" Cassie said in a tone for Farkle to know not to get offended or what she says too seriously.